A guide to style and good tailoring

Hi welcome to my own unique perspective on what constitutes style and individualism. The vast majority of the photos are taken using a mobile phone camera and I have no make up on.......

I'm in my late 30's and I'm also a widow which probably explains why I look so god damn hot in black, well that and being an ivory skinned pale red head! It also documents my wardrobe, so many people seem fascinated by my clothes and compliment me for how I look wearing them.

It is one woman's campaign against Jeans, Tracksuits and Ugg Boots!

More importantly it's about altering your view on life and trying to do the right thing even though it isn't always the easiest.

This blog is a story in taking pride in yourself and not letting yourself go, or settling for second best because you know what girls? No one really is better than someone if they don't treat you like a Queen................

Wednesday 22 May 2013

Adventures in predictive text

Every now and again I wish that money was able to buy me something useful like more meaningful conversation with a person.

You see my Mum is to all intents and purposes deaf and my sister is deaf in one ear, I sometimes think I did particularly well to be just tone deaf. Now I have some fantastic conversations with both of them, just as they do with me. The tragedy is that on sometimes we just aren't having the same conversation! LOL

I was chatting with a former colleague yesterday, about the perils of predictive text and abbreviations. He told me a good story about a text from a family member, as I wistful thought. I'll see you and raise you 10.

No one beats my sister when it comes to the perils of predictive text.

It started so innocently. A text that simply read "Can you pick Mike up on the way home?". Sure I think no problem, no idea who Mike is but he obviously needs a hand so I reply. "Sure, where from?". Response "The shop"............. "Which shop?"..........reply........."Any"..............so I have a moment "Look Caz, I am buggered if I am walking into random shops shouting Mike in the hope of acquiring the right one".

The response was classic.

"Who's Mike?".............sighs thinks pulling teeth must be less painful........ "The person you asked me to pickup on the way home." .........................."OOps milk".


What people say, what people mean, what people hear and what they understand are four quite radically different things it seems to me. The crossed wires of life are something that we should try to see the funny side of. A checked dress with lots of crossed lines seems to go well today. The basic design of this dress is called Ashley but with a lovely fawn, tan and beige check print. It has copper thread running through it which brings the material to life though it doesn't photograph well. The pleats at the neckline are beautifully done and draw attention to your face, the classic pencil dress and matching belt make this an easy to wear dress for most occasions. 

Dress: Ashley in check by Stop Staring
Shoes: Aldo










No comments:

Post a Comment