A guide to style and good tailoring

Hi welcome to my own unique perspective on what constitutes style and individualism. The vast majority of the photos are taken using a mobile phone camera and I have no make up on.......

I'm in my late 30's and I'm also a widow which probably explains why I look so god damn hot in black, well that and being an ivory skinned pale red head! It also documents my wardrobe, so many people seem fascinated by my clothes and compliment me for how I look wearing them.

It is one woman's campaign against Jeans, Tracksuits and Ugg Boots!

More importantly it's about altering your view on life and trying to do the right thing even though it isn't always the easiest.

This blog is a story in taking pride in yourself and not letting yourself go, or settling for second best because you know what girls? No one really is better than someone if they don't treat you like a Queen................

Thursday 2 May 2013

This life is what you make it

Life is an opportunity, benefit from it.
Life is beauty, admire it.
Life is a dream, realise it.
Life is a challenge, meet it.
Life is a duty, complete it.
Life is a game, play it.
Life is a promise, fulfill it.
Life is sorrow, overcome it.
Life is a song, sing it.
Life is a struggle, accept it.
Life is a tragedy, confront it.
Life is an adventure, dare it.
Life is luck, make it.
Life is too precious, do not destroy it.
Life is life, fight for it.

― Mother Teresa


“This life is what you make it. No matter what, you're going to mess up sometimes, it's a universal truth. But the good part is you get to decide how you're going to mess it up. Girls will be your friends - they'll act like it anyway. But just remember, some come, some go. The ones that stay with you through everything - they're your true best friends. Don't let go of them. Also remember, sisters make the best friends in the world.

As for lovers, well, they'll come and go too. And baby, I hate to say it, most of them - actually pretty much all of them are going to break your heart, but you can't give up because if you give up, you'll never find your soulmate. You'll never find that half who makes you whole and that goes for everything.

Just because you fail once, doesn't mean you're gonna fail at everything. Keep trying, hold on, and always, always, always believe in yourself, because if you don't, then who will, sweetie? So keep your head high, keep your chin up, and most importantly, keep smiling, because life's a beautiful thing and there's so much to smile about.” 

― Marilyn Monroe


The quotes above make me think about what I call my New Life, this is the one that I might not have chosen for myself. For a while I wasn't particularly keen on it either, this was until I realised that we have to be willing to give up the life we planned to live the life we were meant to have.

This is the life I was meant to have.

Today's dress is an important dress to me, it symbolises my New Life. It was the first non black dress that I bought in my New Life as I was easing my way back into the concept of colours. It needed some work from Grandma, and when I tried it on at her house I will confess - Marv, Grandma and I all welled up and had a moment. You see I want this New Life not my old one.

The classic dove grey combined with a powder pink is feminine and understated. The attention to detail is wonderful, the little flicks and buttons on the sleeves, the piping around the neckline. The lovely pin tucks down the front with the sweet like round pink buttons. The belt and pockets are just the icing on the cake.


Dress: Avondale in pencil skirt originally by Bettie Page Clothing, revamped by Grandma

Shoes: Kurt Geiger







2 comments:

  1. It was a very emotional day, it was lovely to see Merv wearing a dress that means so much.

    Even Hippo got teary eyed, and just to prove the best friend theory, Hippo tears are pink, a perfect compliment to the dress :-)

    xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hippos always compliment my dresses beautifully :)

    It was an emotional day in all the right ways and it was lovely to share it with you and Grandma.

    I love my new life :)

    ReplyDelete