A guide to style and good tailoring

Hi welcome to my own unique perspective on what constitutes style and individualism. The vast majority of the photos are taken using a mobile phone camera and I have no make up on.......

I'm in my late 30's and I'm also a widow which probably explains why I look so god damn hot in black, well that and being an ivory skinned pale red head! It also documents my wardrobe, so many people seem fascinated by my clothes and compliment me for how I look wearing them.

It is one woman's campaign against Jeans, Tracksuits and Ugg Boots!

More importantly it's about altering your view on life and trying to do the right thing even though it isn't always the easiest.

This blog is a story in taking pride in yourself and not letting yourself go, or settling for second best because you know what girls? No one really is better than someone if they don't treat you like a Queen................

Friday 3 May 2013

Worrying is as effective as trying to solve an algebra equation by chewing bubblegum.

I am always telling my friends to stop borrowing worry, and to cross certain bridges when they come to them and not to over think the obstacle before they actually have to face it. It is like the lyrics from the Baz Luhrman song.

Don’t worry about the future; or worry, but know that worrying is as effective as trying to solve an algebra equation by chewing bubblegum. The real troubles in your life are apt to be things that never crossed your worried mind; the kind that blindside you at 4pm on some idle Tuesday.

I find the concept of solving algebra with bubblegum ironic, probably because I am violently allergic to chewing gum and most likely bubblegum. Solving algebraic equations has no need to be fatal, so no fear of me attempting the bubblegum approach, but then again I am fab at algebra so it isn't something I worry about!

Life is best when you keep it simple, so try to change the things you can, accept the things you can't and hope that you are clever enough to spot the difference. Oh and if all else fails try to see the funny side of things, it is good to laugh, laughter is soul food.

A simple but stylish dress today in Olive green and Cream. I like the wide collar, and the upturn on the sleeves I think they are pretty and draw attention to your face. The buttons and the 3/4 built in belt which ties in an adorable bow at the back finish this off in a sweat and subtle manner.

Dress: Diner dress in Olive Green by Heartbreaker
Shoes: Aldo





No comments:

Post a Comment