A guide to style and good tailoring

Hi welcome to my own unique perspective on what constitutes style and individualism. The vast majority of the photos are taken using a mobile phone camera and I have no make up on.......

I'm in my late 30's and I'm also a widow which probably explains why I look so god damn hot in black, well that and being an ivory skinned pale red head! It also documents my wardrobe, so many people seem fascinated by my clothes and compliment me for how I look wearing them.

It is one woman's campaign against Jeans, Tracksuits and Ugg Boots!

More importantly it's about altering your view on life and trying to do the right thing even though it isn't always the easiest.

This blog is a story in taking pride in yourself and not letting yourself go, or settling for second best because you know what girls? No one really is better than someone if they don't treat you like a Queen................

Monday 13 May 2013

I have nothing to offer but blood, toil, tears and sweat

On this day in 1940 Winston Churchill gave his first speech to the House after having been offered the King's commission as Prime Minister of the United Kingdom in the first year of World War II.

I would say to the House as I said to those who have joined this government: I have nothing to offer but blood, toil, tears and sweat. We have before us an ordeal of the most grievous kind. We have before us many, many long months of struggle and of suffering.

You ask, what is our aim? I can answer in one word: Victory. Victory at all costs — Victory in spite of all terror — Victory, however long and hard the road may be, for without victory there is no survival.

I admire Churchill, people thought he was wrong about Hitler, when he constantly warned people about Germany rearming. In fact in his memoirs he refers to this time as the "wilderness years". People actually thought he was crazy, I think this happens to people who can see things for what they, who can cut through the smoke and mirrors and say it like it is.

So let's see how good you are at seeing beyond the propaganda and new speak that people generate about one another:

It is time to elect the world leader, and your vote counts. Here are the facts about the three leading candidates:

Which of these candidates would be your choice?


Candidate A associates with crooked politicians, and consults with astrologists. He's had two mistresses. He also chain smokes and drinks 8 to 10 martinis a day. 

Candidate B was kicked out of office twice, sleeps until noon, used opium in college and drinks a half bottle of whisky every evening.

Candidate C is a decorated war hero. He's a vegetarian, doesn't smoke, drinks an occasional beer and hasn't had any extramarital affairs and gets up at 6am taking in a morning walk. 


The chances are you just voted for Candidate C - well done!

You just voted a genocidal Maniac into power :) I am sure your parents and HR are proud. You choose Hitler!

Now don't get me wrong I have worked with and met lots of people who are capable of having the wool well and truly pulled over there eyes, and it is a shame. It is a shame because they are the good people who stand by and do nothing, they are the "I'm alright Jack" crowd. The people who care about power and title not people and jobs and real lives. 

In case you are interested A is Roosevelt and B is Churchill.

So food for thought, how many judge on propaganda or what they hear whilst ignoring what there eyes can see? If you do that, then bare in mind you're the kind of person people like Hitler needs to get into power. You are the good people who stand by and do nothing, for that is all you need to do for evil to succeed.


People are always telling me I wear my heart on my sleeve so for a change today I am wearing it on my pockets :) I love the simple sweet home made feel of this skirt. The navy with the small white polka dots in a circle skirt with the contrasting heart pockets with little bows. The halterneck is sweet too, but the outfit is made by the pockets.

Skirt: Circle skirt with pockets Vivien of Holloway
Top: Halterneck in white by Vivien of Holloway
Shoes: Kurt Geiger















No comments:

Post a Comment