A guide to style and good tailoring

Hi welcome to my own unique perspective on what constitutes style and individualism. The vast majority of the photos are taken using a mobile phone camera and I have no make up on.......

I'm in my late 30's and I'm also a widow which probably explains why I look so god damn hot in black, well that and being an ivory skinned pale red head! It also documents my wardrobe, so many people seem fascinated by my clothes and compliment me for how I look wearing them.

It is one woman's campaign against Jeans, Tracksuits and Ugg Boots!

More importantly it's about altering your view on life and trying to do the right thing even though it isn't always the easiest.

This blog is a story in taking pride in yourself and not letting yourself go, or settling for second best because you know what girls? No one really is better than someone if they don't treat you like a Queen................

Sunday 5 May 2013

Success is simple, you just have to keep getting up

Success is a simple thing, all you have to do is keep getting back up. It isn't about never been knocked over, or everything going to plan. It is about getting knocked down 10 times and getting back up 11.

We talk about good and bad times, we don't want the good times to end even though we know that eventually all things run their course; and well the bad times can't pass fast enough. Life is that symphony played between the two. It was so beautifully summed up in the opening line of a tale of two cities - It was the best of times, it was the worst of times.

"Your living is determined not so much by what life brings to you as by the attitude you bring to life; not so much by what happens to you as by the way your mind looks at what happens." - Khalil Gibran 

"The sharp thorn often produces delicate roses." - Ovid.

Lace is delicate just like roses, and pretty like them too. I love the floral pattern on the lace overlay of this dress with the sheer sleeves. I like green it is one of my favourite colours to wear and it looks lovely combined with the lace and the pencil skirt. It reminds me that I can be delicate and strong, it just about how you deal with the thorns.

Dress: Peasant dress in antique lace by Mode Merr
Shoes: Kurt Geiger





No comments:

Post a Comment