A guide to style and good tailoring

Hi welcome to my own unique perspective on what constitutes style and individualism. The vast majority of the photos are taken using a mobile phone camera and I have no make up on.......

I'm in my late 30's and I'm also a widow which probably explains why I look so god damn hot in black, well that and being an ivory skinned pale red head! It also documents my wardrobe, so many people seem fascinated by my clothes and compliment me for how I look wearing them.

It is one woman's campaign against Jeans, Tracksuits and Ugg Boots!

More importantly it's about altering your view on life and trying to do the right thing even though it isn't always the easiest.

This blog is a story in taking pride in yourself and not letting yourself go, or settling for second best because you know what girls? No one really is better than someone if they don't treat you like a Queen................

Saturday 11 May 2013

Enlightened beings came here to learn, so sometimes life teaches us a lesson

When experiences that we so often class as "bad" happen in our lives, some of us can start to think, I must have been really terrible in a past life to deserve this. That isn't the case. The reality is that they are being given the opportunity to be an enlightened being who came here to learn from the experiences of life, and sometimes that means life teaches us a hard lesson.

People come into your life for a reason, a season or a lifetime and it is your job to figure out which it is and what they have come to show, teach or give to you. In life you will realise there is a role for everyone you meet. Some will test you, some will use you, some will love you, and some will teach you. The ones who are truly important bring out the best in you. They are the rare amazing people who remind you why it's worth it.

People get so focused on goals and destinations in life that they often forget it is about journey. It is the path we take that we often share with other people, in some cases we don't get to travel as far down the road with them as we would have liked.

We cannot change yesterday, and we cannot predict tomorrow, but we can live today. So be alive. Never let one day pass by without a smile.

If I could walk on water
If I could tell you what's next
Make you believe
Make you forget


Sometimes it is all in your memory so what better way to remember all these lovely things and moments than with a beautiful dress. The scene of a poppy field is gorgeous. I love the fluffy clouds and the bright blue skies with the trees standing watch over the poppy field. It is a calming scene and I adore that it is on a dress. It really is a work of art.



Dress: Poppy Fields by Bernie Dexter
Shoes: Kurt Geiger Carvella











Simple Minds: Don't you forget about me


Won't you come see about me?
I'll be alone, dancing, you know it baby
Tell me your troubles and doubts
Giving me everything inside and out




In another life, or a parallel universe I am cooking Lamb Nihari, Tarka Dall, Spicy tea chickpeas and Saag Aloo today. "Happy Birthday Adi xx Gone but not forgotten". In this life I'm hosting the "Not a birthday party, party"



Katy Perry - The One That Got Away





1 comment:

  1. What a fab not a birthday birthday party. Cake, candles, pampering, curry and babycham and remembering special loved ones. What better way to spend a saturday xx merv and marv having a ball :-)

    ReplyDelete