A guide to style and good tailoring

Hi welcome to my own unique perspective on what constitutes style and individualism. The vast majority of the photos are taken using a mobile phone camera and I have no make up on.......

I'm in my late 30's and I'm also a widow which probably explains why I look so god damn hot in black, well that and being an ivory skinned pale red head! It also documents my wardrobe, so many people seem fascinated by my clothes and compliment me for how I look wearing them.

It is one woman's campaign against Jeans, Tracksuits and Ugg Boots!

More importantly it's about altering your view on life and trying to do the right thing even though it isn't always the easiest.

This blog is a story in taking pride in yourself and not letting yourself go, or settling for second best because you know what girls? No one really is better than someone if they don't treat you like a Queen................

Thursday 16 May 2013

Is that an elephant skeleton in your closet?

We all have skeletons in our closets. 

In my experience there are two kinds, there are those skeletons have been there so long that they resemble the models that teachers wheel out for anatomy class and they have been hanging around long enough to have developed a clean, clinical, appearance.

The skeletal elephant on the other hand dwells in the territory of "what you may have to regret" or in the area of "what someone else now needs to own up to and make amends for" and all those other question that very obviously stand, but for the convenience of one or other party is ignored.

We don't ask these questions because we are scared that we will be 'ruined' by the answer, so we think we would rather live life not knowing so we keep skeletons and elephant skeletons in our closet.

The space they fill stops us accepting new things into our lives. New things come in when there are empty spaces or gap, if it is full of skeletons then there is no room for the new things. Worse still we don't try thing for fear of failure or rejection, we shy away from the difficult conversations and fail to reply or listen. 

Liberating ourselves from the elephant skeletons is something we should all try more often. Plus you have to admit they take up precious space better occupied by dresses!

Part of me wanted to wear one of my outrageous print dresses, or something bright and noticeable but instead I want to wear something that is subtle and hidden.

This is a beautiful 1940s style suit and I love the feel of the material it is so silky and the subtle pattern in the weave makes it really beautiful, the buttons at the neck add interest and draw attention to your face.


Suit: Stop Staring
Shoes: Aldo


















No comments:

Post a Comment