A guide to style and good tailoring

Hi welcome to my own unique perspective on what constitutes style and individualism. The vast majority of the photos are taken using a mobile phone camera and I have no make up on.......

I'm in my late 30's and I'm also a widow which probably explains why I look so god damn hot in black, well that and being an ivory skinned pale red head! It also documents my wardrobe, so many people seem fascinated by my clothes and compliment me for how I look wearing them.

It is one woman's campaign against Jeans, Tracksuits and Ugg Boots!

More importantly it's about altering your view on life and trying to do the right thing even though it isn't always the easiest.

This blog is a story in taking pride in yourself and not letting yourself go, or settling for second best because you know what girls? No one really is better than someone if they don't treat you like a Queen................

Wednesday 1 May 2013

May Day and and the Iron Duke

It's May. In fact it is May Day so it is time to think of maypoles and may queens and lots of other exciting things. It is also the birth date of the Duke of Wellington or Sir Arthur Wellesley.
 
We all think of Waterloo and Seringapatam when we think of him, or we think of shoes, but it is interesting to note he also coined the phrase "Publish and be damned" amongst many others.
Back to May day though, lilac blossoms in May and it is a beautiful flower and I love the smell of it. Given that I thought I would wear my lilac Jackie O suit today. I had a lilac outside my bedroom window as a child I love peeking over the purple clouds of flowers to see the world beyond my window, so for me this is the colour of spring.
Now this Jackie O suit is super special, possibly because only a few weeks ago it was "a little bit big", Grandma did look a little shocked when she realised that I could put the skirt on without undoing it and that it fell off my hips. OOPS! Grandam said "a little?". Ah well it is all relative. So this is totally revamped and restyled by the seamstress to the superstars Grandma :)

Suit: Jackie O in Lilac originally by Bettie Page Clothing, remodelled and revamped by Grandma
Shoes: Kurt Geiger









No comments:

Post a Comment