A guide to style and good tailoring

Hi welcome to my own unique perspective on what constitutes style and individualism. The vast majority of the photos are taken using a mobile phone camera and I have no make up on.......

I'm in my late 30's and I'm also a widow which probably explains why I look so god damn hot in black, well that and being an ivory skinned pale red head! It also documents my wardrobe, so many people seem fascinated by my clothes and compliment me for how I look wearing them.

It is one woman's campaign against Jeans, Tracksuits and Ugg Boots!

More importantly it's about altering your view on life and trying to do the right thing even though it isn't always the easiest.

This blog is a story in taking pride in yourself and not letting yourself go, or settling for second best because you know what girls? No one really is better than someone if they don't treat you like a Queen................

Tuesday 30 April 2013

Happy Hawaii five 0 Day Caz!

Happy Hawaii five 0 day Caz! You are the best big little sister I could have asked for. I hope you have a wonderful day.

Hard as it is to believe on this day in 1963 my sister was born, and it was a momentous event. My big sister is truly tiny, she make me look ginormous which I kind of enjoy it isn't often that I get to be the biggest LOL Her tiny frame hides a huge heart and a large laugh. I have to confess most of the amusing family stories generally end up through series of unfortunate circumstances with my sister and I sharing a bed. 

You are a dedicated follower of Pandora, you have a PhD in Hope, so keep that box safe and remember that a bit of faith in a better tomorrow is all you need.

I'm lucky to have you, Love you loads Caz XxX.
 
Today you’re 50

No doubt, for lost youth you hunger

But remember these words of wisdom
“No wise woman ever wished to be younger.”
So put up with your old joints

While embracing your new wisdom
Five decades on, and you’re still ticking
Nowhere in sight is that bucket for kicking
 

Happy Hawaii 5 0 day :) Given the celebration of 50 glorious years of my big sister and the hawaiian theme I just had to wear my hawaiian ocean dress. I remember explaining it to Jo - "Yeah it's fab it's turquoise, it's got turtles and dolphins and fish and atolls and everything on it"..........She was a bit worried as I was wearing it to her friends wedding, but when you see it, it works. I love it, we call it my finding nemo frock (there are no clown fish on the hawaiian ocean print dress).

There are three songs i have to pick for today

1. The theme to Hawaii 5 0 because it is good to dance too
2. London Calling - The Clash because it is my sisters favourite
3. Fluorescent Adolescent - it wouldn't be a family do without it! 

Dress: Sarong wrap in Hawaiian Ocean print by Viven of Holloway
Shoes: Aldo









Text
MCCS75
£1 or whatever amount up to £10

To
70070





Unfortunately, youth is no longer on your side
You’re most decidedly over the hill
But on the bright side, old age and treachery
Will always beat youth and skill.








3 comments:

  1. Happy Birthday Big Sis Caz.. I love being part of the best family in the whole world. Have a great day Caz, cant wait to see you all on Saturday. xxx :-)

    I love this dress, such an eye catcher and everyone loved it at my friends wedding, a special dress, worn by a special monkey on a special day..

    Thank you for pimping yourself again for my charity cycle.. :-)

    x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Saturday will be so much fun :)

      Don't tell Caz but...............

      You've started to enjoy elevator music
      And you're considering wearing a cap
      And you grab every opportunity
      To take a right good nap
      All the signs are there
      Let's be honest, it's getting scarey
      While your brain's been getting wisdom
      Your nose and ears have been getting hairy
      If we tell you that at 50
      You're not over the hill but at the peak
      Your new wisdom will tell you that it is
      With forked tongue, with which we speak
      But here's the truth
      We wish you the heartiest of congratulations
      On reaching the Half-Century

      Delete