A guide to style and good tailoring

Hi welcome to my own unique perspective on what constitutes style and individualism. The vast majority of the photos are taken using a mobile phone camera and I have no make up on.......

I'm in my late 30's and I'm also a widow which probably explains why I look so god damn hot in black, well that and being an ivory skinned pale red head! It also documents my wardrobe, so many people seem fascinated by my clothes and compliment me for how I look wearing them.

It is one woman's campaign against Jeans, Tracksuits and Ugg Boots!

More importantly it's about altering your view on life and trying to do the right thing even though it isn't always the easiest.

This blog is a story in taking pride in yourself and not letting yourself go, or settling for second best because you know what girls? No one really is better than someone if they don't treat you like a Queen................

Monday 15 April 2013

Polymaths and the weight of history

Some days seem to carry the weight of history far more than others and today is one of them.

Abraham Lincoln died having been shot the preceeding day at the theatre, The Titanic sank, McDonald's was founded, The Hillsborough disaster occured and Leonardo Da Vinci was born.

Da Vinci was a true polymath exceling at both Science and Art, something that I didn't have a lot of choice in having a Dr of Mathematics as a Father and an English teacher as a mother!

Leonardo Da Vinci for me is one of the greatest minds that lived and I would have very much liked to have had dinner with him a painter, sculptor, architect, musician, mathematician, engineer, inventor, anatomist, geologist, cartographer, botanist, and writer. It is a shame he didn't dance really! I always like to think he is an example of talent rising, given that he was born out of wedlock.

Like many artists up until the 19th century he used lot of sepia, which was a lovely reddish brown. I've gone with this theme today wearing one of my "rust" or reddish brown dresses. Rita is a timeless design with a simple wide collar and buttons for details, the contrasting black belt breaks the dress up a bit.

Dress: Rita in Rust by Bettie Page Clothing
Shoes: Kurt Geiger









No comments:

Post a Comment