A guide to style and good tailoring

Hi welcome to my own unique perspective on what constitutes style and individualism. The vast majority of the photos are taken using a mobile phone camera and I have no make up on.......

I'm in my late 30's and I'm also a widow which probably explains why I look so god damn hot in black, well that and being an ivory skinned pale red head! It also documents my wardrobe, so many people seem fascinated by my clothes and compliment me for how I look wearing them.

It is one woman's campaign against Jeans, Tracksuits and Ugg Boots!

More importantly it's about altering your view on life and trying to do the right thing even though it isn't always the easiest.

This blog is a story in taking pride in yourself and not letting yourself go, or settling for second best because you know what girls? No one really is better than someone if they don't treat you like a Queen................

Friday 19 April 2013

Afternoon infusions

As you know I am a huge fan of the 1940's style Tea Dress, if only because you can probably do an assault course in this dress thanks to the wrap over effect of the skirt. They really did think of everything - look good whilst running to the air raid shelter! This design is in my opinion the The best tom boy in disguise dress ever

I love the femininity of the simple design combined with a beautiful floral print. It has a pretty sweetheart neckline with straight sides which acts to draw attention to your face. The sleeves are wrap over too and so have interest when viewed side on. The little pleat at the waist just finishes the design off.

I'm not a tea drinker, tea is poison to monkey's. YAK. In fact if I inadvertently find that I have been unfortunate enough to consume tea, then it has me running for the nearest sink whilst I try to block out Mother saying "A lady never spits"...... I mentally caveat this with except when it is tea. I do like herbal infusions or tissanes though and this is an ideal dress to indulge in Afternoon Tea, though preferably with Champagne.


Dress: 1940 tea dress in Marguerite print by Vivien of Holloway
Shoes: Kurt Geiger








No comments:

Post a Comment