A guide to style and good tailoring

Hi welcome to my own unique perspective on what constitutes style and individualism. The vast majority of the photos are taken using a mobile phone camera and I have no make up on.......

I'm in my late 30's and I'm also a widow which probably explains why I look so god damn hot in black, well that and being an ivory skinned pale red head! It also documents my wardrobe, so many people seem fascinated by my clothes and compliment me for how I look wearing them.

It is one woman's campaign against Jeans, Tracksuits and Ugg Boots!

More importantly it's about altering your view on life and trying to do the right thing even though it isn't always the easiest.

This blog is a story in taking pride in yourself and not letting yourself go, or settling for second best because you know what girls? No one really is better than someone if they don't treat you like a Queen................

Thursday 18 April 2013

Aye Aye Skipper

You can't go wrong with a nautical themed dress, they never date and are a staple of spring and summer wear. Grandma (AKA Matriarchal Marv) has played an absolute blinder with this dress. It needed taking in, now to be clear, we were talking by over half a foot, rather than a couple of inches! So Grandma is a superstar, I can have so much fun at the gym, it will be funny to see the other ladies faces when they see me putting on a "XXL" Hehe :) Grandma can't automagically change the tags like she can the size.

Skipper is an A-line dress with beautiful collar piped in red and blue, which is complimented with a necktie which is removable. The dress has a zip up the front which is unusual and it can be worn with or without a belt. It is a nice easy to wear dress that is great for work or shopping with the girls.

I love the bright cherry red, as I prefer red to navy when it comes to "nautical" clothes, as previously mentioned it is for two very sound reasons: 1) If I go overboard I do not want to be wearing a colour that blends in with the water, I want people to see me in the water 2) My school uniform was navy!

Whilst Skipper is meant to refer to the Captain I can't help but feel it refers to what the dress makes you want to do. I am convinced that if more people skipped places they would be happier, so I am in my own little way definitely a skipper!

As an aside I just want to say Samantha Cameron looked fab yesterday, I liked the fact that she wore a pussycat bow it was really sweet gesture. As for Ms Booth AKA Cherie Blair, oh dear lord what were you wearing on your head? In fact what were you wearing? Other than less make-up than your husband LOL. I can understand that she has no friends, but surely Tony can afford a mirror? You would have thought someone would have said something before she left the house.

Dress: Skipper in Red, Originally by Bettie Page Clothing Remodelled and revamped by Grandma, seamstress to the stars and Matriarchal Marv!

Shoes: Schuh


No comments:

Post a Comment