A guide to style and good tailoring

Hi welcome to my own unique perspective on what constitutes style and individualism. The vast majority of the photos are taken using a mobile phone camera and I have no make up on.......

I'm in my late 30's and I'm also a widow which probably explains why I look so god damn hot in black, well that and being an ivory skinned pale red head! It also documents my wardrobe, so many people seem fascinated by my clothes and compliment me for how I look wearing them.

It is one woman's campaign against Jeans, Tracksuits and Ugg Boots!

More importantly it's about altering your view on life and trying to do the right thing even though it isn't always the easiest.

This blog is a story in taking pride in yourself and not letting yourself go, or settling for second best because you know what girls? No one really is better than someone if they don't treat you like a Queen................

Monday 8 April 2013

Nirvana

Today in 1994 Kurt Cobain the lead singer of the band Nirvana was found dead, he had taken his own life. I remember hearing Insecticide when it was first release and going into town to buy it. I remember this day, I went to the student union bar because Rich was taking it far too badly and needed cheering up, I remember sitting there with Phil, John, Louise and Rich and every song that came on that evening was Nirvana.

More people die by taking their own life each day than are killed on the roads in the UK. 

I dislike the phrase "committed suicide" as this is a reminder of when it was a crime, this only changed in the UK in 1961. Up until then a person who attempted suicide could be sent to prison and the family (spouse) of someone who succeeded could be charged and held culpable. You don't face prison charges for dying of a heart attack, or cancer so why did we prosecute people for dying from a mental illness? It's something to think about. 

Dress: Stop Staring!
Shoes: Schuh











Reflection
Another day for you to wonder, another day for you to mourn

It wasn't my intention to go before the coming dawn

My pain was deep within my heart and my troubled head

It wasn't my intention to go without words said.

My frame of mind seemed normal, or so I heard them say

It wasn't my intention not to see another day

I did not mean to make you suffer or cause you so much pain

It wasn't my intention to never see you again.

Despair and confusion left my aching mind unsure

It wasn’t my intention to suddenly close life's door

If only I could give you reasons and brush the tears away

It wasn’t my intention to leave and not stay.

I did not mean for you to grieve, now left alone to cry

It wasn’t my intention to leave you, forever askinq why

As the burdens of life's worries slowly ebb from my heart

It wasn’t my intention to tear your soul apart.



2 comments:

  1. Love you lots. You are the best monkey friend a hippo could ask for. Xx

    ReplyDelete