A guide to style and good tailoring

Hi welcome to my own unique perspective on what constitutes style and individualism. The vast majority of the photos are taken using a mobile phone camera and I have no make up on.......

I'm in my late 30's and I'm also a widow which probably explains why I look so god damn hot in black, well that and being an ivory skinned pale red head! It also documents my wardrobe, so many people seem fascinated by my clothes and compliment me for how I look wearing them.

It is one woman's campaign against Jeans, Tracksuits and Ugg Boots!

More importantly it's about altering your view on life and trying to do the right thing even though it isn't always the easiest.

This blog is a story in taking pride in yourself and not letting yourself go, or settling for second best because you know what girls? No one really is better than someone if they don't treat you like a Queen................

Saturday 20 April 2013

And so it was declared, Saturday is shorts day

There was a long tradition of Capri pant Friday, which involved The Cure and Crunchie. That tradition fell away once I could wear Capri pants when ever I wanted at work. The song changed too as did the chocolate indulgence.

So it is time to start a new one, from henceforth Saturday is shorts day. Part of this is because I get annoyed when so called "fashion editors" say things like women over 30 shouldn't wear shorts, gingham or have long hair. But then bless them these are the people who describe some horrific outfits as "On trend". 

I see it as my reason d'etre to show them that actually whether you can wear shorts or not depends on your legs not your age. On the topic of gingham and long hair, then I am with Coco Chanel, you have the face nature gave you at 20 and the face you deserve at 40. I will be wearing my hair long, loving gingham and wearing shorts (not to mention daisy dukes) for as long as I can. I've been breaking the rules for 8 years now, and I love it!

Marv and I have had the debate about when it is time to hang up the shorts and playsuits, that's what is great about a best friend they tell you when something doesn't suit you 

These blue sateen tailored shorts are fab, they were so good I also bought them in red and black! I love that they are shiny, they look really nice teamed with a blue gingham halterneck. This is a look that doesn't date, it just looks nice and summery.  

Shorts: Blue Sateen Shorts by Laura Byrnes at Pinup Girl Clothing
Top: Halterneck in Blue Gingham by Vivien of Holloway







2 comments:

  1. I love this outfit. although monkeys look better than hippos in shorts.

    Its a lovely sunny day for shorts too.. Perfect weather for climbing trees and throwing coconuts :-)

    5 extra bananas for the rocket launcher lol x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Not to mention the deadly slip on a banana skin trap that monkey's are good at :)

      Delete