A guide to style and good tailoring

Hi welcome to my own unique perspective on what constitutes style and individualism. The vast majority of the photos are taken using a mobile phone camera and I have no make up on.......

I'm in my late 30's and I'm also a widow which probably explains why I look so god damn hot in black, well that and being an ivory skinned pale red head! It also documents my wardrobe, so many people seem fascinated by my clothes and compliment me for how I look wearing them.

It is one woman's campaign against Jeans, Tracksuits and Ugg Boots!

More importantly it's about altering your view on life and trying to do the right thing even though it isn't always the easiest.

This blog is a story in taking pride in yourself and not letting yourself go, or settling for second best because you know what girls? No one really is better than someone if they don't treat you like a Queen................

Thursday 25 April 2013

By the sword divided

Today in 1599 Oliver Cromwell was born. Best known as the Lord High Protector he led the round heads in the English Civil War against King Charles I, as politicians they were called Ironsides. He was a key figure in one of Britain's most troubled periods. I remember watching the series "By the sword divided" as a child, and seeing how it quite literally tore families apart.

One of the people who shared Cromwell's fate was John Bradshaw, the man who was the judge of King Charles I and the only man to write and the first to sign the death warrant of a king came from the place that I live. Now where it gets really interesting is that he was posthumously executed, his body along with that of Cromwell and Cromwell's son-in-law were exhumed, they were hung from the gallows at Tyburn before being beheaded at sunset, 12 years after the death of Charles I.

Strangely I think when it comes to the civil war I would have been a leveller cavalier. I have no trust in politicians so I like the fact that the monarchy exist to stop them doing things like voting for the parliamentary term to be extended or it is period altered to what say 25 years?

Cromwell's coat of arms and that of the protectorate were mainly blue, and the place where his family lived was demolished to make way for a school, so I am wearing something that is scholarly with something blue. I really do like this pinafore dress, you can wear it with so many different tops getting lots of different looks.

Dress: Pencil Jumper dress in black by Bettie Page clothing
Jumper: Pull Over in Teal by Bettie Page clothing
Shoes: Kurt Geiger








No comments:

Post a Comment