A guide to style and good tailoring

Hi welcome to my own unique perspective on what constitutes style and individualism. The vast majority of the photos are taken using a mobile phone camera and I have no make up on.......

I'm in my late 30's and I'm also a widow which probably explains why I look so god damn hot in black, well that and being an ivory skinned pale red head! It also documents my wardrobe, so many people seem fascinated by my clothes and compliment me for how I look wearing them.

It is one woman's campaign against Jeans, Tracksuits and Ugg Boots!

More importantly it's about altering your view on life and trying to do the right thing even though it isn't always the easiest.

This blog is a story in taking pride in yourself and not letting yourself go, or settling for second best because you know what girls? No one really is better than someone if they don't treat you like a Queen................

Sunday 28 April 2013

Babycham - The drink of happiness!

Lazy day Sundays are the best, but I also like a Sunday afternoon filled with old movies when you get chance to reflect. I love the black and white movies, a time when the plot, the script and peoples acting ability mattered more than the special effects. It is a shame but we seem to live in a world where the superficial look of something can matter more than its substance. I much prefer substance.

When you are having an afternoon of indulgence, with the likes of Casablanca then you have to make the effort. I am a soft touch for floral prints, especially roses. They are pretty and feminine, apparently "floral prints are on trend" so I apologise for my "on trendness" in advance. Sometimes the fashionista's steal ideas from the people with style, you just have to remind yourself that actually when they copy  you it's a compliment. 

If you are indulging on a Sunday then you can't beat a babycham, it is the ultimate 50s drink and I like it because it comes in tiny bottles which suits me as I have little tolerance to alcohol and find half a pint challenging. 

Grandma (of sewing fame and Matriarchal Marv) has original babycham glasses, they say babycham in blue on base and they have the little deer on the glass. She was so kind and lent them to us so we could put htem on the blog.

I chose the dress to co-ordinate with the babycham bottle which is a lovely turquoise, powdery blue. It is "The drink of happiness" (that's the tag line). It is funny because babycham is really Perry which happens to be Marv's name too, which is also "Pear cider" LOL 

I do like the Vivien of Holloway dresses. I think the halterneck is one of the most flattering shapes for your shoulders and combined with a sweetheart neckline it is just pretty feminine and flattering. I love the way the tops are so fitted and the skirts so full. I must confess it is a skirt to twirl around in.

Dress: 1950s halterneck circle skirt in turquoise rose by Vivien of Holloway
Shoes: Mary Janes in white by Bordello






2 comments:

  1. Hippo and monkey just luuuurrrrve Babycham. The perfect drink for our girly nights in along with our love of verve clicquot :-)

    10 extra babycham infused bananas :-) x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The secret is in the bubbles that go fizz :)

      Monkeys will fall out of the tree if I have all of them at once, you better ration them hon LOL

      Delete