A guide to style and good tailoring

Hi welcome to my own unique perspective on what constitutes style and individualism. The vast majority of the photos are taken using a mobile phone camera and I have no make up on.......

I'm in my late 30's and I'm also a widow which probably explains why I look so god damn hot in black, well that and being an ivory skinned pale red head! It also documents my wardrobe, so many people seem fascinated by my clothes and compliment me for how I look wearing them.

It is one woman's campaign against Jeans, Tracksuits and Ugg Boots!

More importantly it's about altering your view on life and trying to do the right thing even though it isn't always the easiest.

This blog is a story in taking pride in yourself and not letting yourself go, or settling for second best because you know what girls? No one really is better than someone if they don't treat you like a Queen................

Thursday 4 April 2013

Twice in a Blue Moon

I adore the print on this dress because it has lilac roses on it. I was only young when I first remember seeing the rose "Blue Moon" and fell in love with it almost straight away, a pale silvery lilac rose. The shame is they are not prolific flowerers in fact it is not uncommon to only get a single rose from a bush. So blue moon really did happen once in a blue moon. Fryer's (one of my favourite breeders of roses) solved this problem with the improved "Twice in a Blue Moon". The flowers are on a long stem, and are pefect for cutting and the fragrane is strong.

I can't help mself when it comes to roses, I think I will end up like Ms Threadgoode in Fried Green Tomato's with picture of roses stuck all over my walls. I love the delicate flowers, the colours, the smell and strangely I love the thorns. There is nothing more amazing than the heady smell of roses just after a thunderstorm in a hot summer. It might be a while until the roses start to flower, but they will :)

Dress: Sarong Wrap in Floral Noir by Vivien of Holloway
Shoes: Kurt Geiger






No comments:

Post a Comment