A guide to style and good tailoring

Hi welcome to my own unique perspective on what constitutes style and individualism. The vast majority of the photos are taken using a mobile phone camera and I have no make up on.......

I'm in my late 30's and I'm also a widow which probably explains why I look so god damn hot in black, well that and being an ivory skinned pale red head! It also documents my wardrobe, so many people seem fascinated by my clothes and compliment me for how I look wearing them.

It is one woman's campaign against Jeans, Tracksuits and Ugg Boots!

More importantly it's about altering your view on life and trying to do the right thing even though it isn't always the easiest.

This blog is a story in taking pride in yourself and not letting yourself go, or settling for second best because you know what girls? No one really is better than someone if they don't treat you like a Queen................

Tuesday 16 April 2013

Cheeky Tiki

I love Tiki dresses, Hawaii became a US state in 1959 and Tiki style carvings and bold Hawaiian prints were highly fashionable in the 1950's. I love bold, colourful prints and have done since I was a child. I think my love of prints is what first got me into pattern recognition.
 
Prints are like a quick pick me up. They just make you smile and feel happy it is like they bring the sunshine with them. I love turquoise blues so the background colour of the print reminds me of the skies in summer. The hibiscus flowers are just lovely, what is there not to like about hibiscus? I love hibiscus cordial like they serve in Egypt it is refreshing and a beautiful sumptuous color. The white, pink and golden yellows blend beautifully on this classic style tiki dress. You really would be amazed at the things this dress goes with I know I am!

 
Dress: Sarong Wrap in Hawaiian print by Vivien of Holoway
Shoes: Mary Janes in white by bordello






2 comments:

  1. Hibiscus flowers are lovely. Especially when enjoyed in a glass of pink champange...

    Fab dress. 5 bonus bananas from Marv x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Indeed or to distract Monkeys from Raspberry Sambucca! xx

      Delete