A guide to style and good tailoring

Hi welcome to my own unique perspective on what constitutes style and individualism. The vast majority of the photos are taken using a mobile phone camera and I have no make up on.......

I'm in my late 30's and I'm also a widow which probably explains why I look so god damn hot in black, well that and being an ivory skinned pale red head! It also documents my wardrobe, so many people seem fascinated by my clothes and compliment me for how I look wearing them.

It is one woman's campaign against Jeans, Tracksuits and Ugg Boots!

More importantly it's about altering your view on life and trying to do the right thing even though it isn't always the easiest.

This blog is a story in taking pride in yourself and not letting yourself go, or settling for second best because you know what girls? No one really is better than someone if they don't treat you like a Queen................

Tuesday 21 May 2013

You want to change something? Put some stress on it

I am always hearing people talk about changing the world, or about changing other people but rarely do we talk of changing ourselves.

Change and managing it is something I find interesting personally and professionally. It comes in two flavours and I'm not talking chocolate or vanilla. Change is either planned or forced. The difference between the two is simple our choice - we choose planned change and bought into it, forced change is as the name implies forced upon us and we have no choice but to chew down on the sandwich of change and pretend that we like the flavour.

Our reactions to change are interesting. I must confess that when it comes to forced change I tend to like the "let's sweep the pieces of the chess board approach", my logic being you will remember where the important things were and keep them.

The thing is if you want something to change you have to apply some stress or force so that you change and adapt, it is just like exercise, you increase the weight and stress your body it gets stronger. And over time you start to realise you are capable of things you weren't before.

Most people talk about stress like it is a bad thing, the reality is most of us have no problem what so ever with stress. It is anxiety that is the killer. So stress yourself out in the right way, make a change a positive one. A change that is going to have you queuing at the front of that door waiting for it to open.Or maybe the change you want to make is shutting a door and leaving what was.

Welcome constructive criticism, look at how your life might improve if you take the feedback in positive light."This is right." "This is wrong." We make such distinctions all the time. We hardly think twice about them, how often do we say 'This is wrong at the moment but if only I were to do this, or that, it would all be right!' 

For some strange reason, too many of us equate creativity with speculation. If a leap of imagination is called for, or a change to the status quo is so much as considered, we suspect that we are dabbling in the realms of dangerous risk. Yet if you don't, what will ever change? What wonderful things are you missing out? The people, the places and the experiences.

People who are you friends say things for a reason, their motivation is not to cause you pain, upset or berate you (we are all only human), instead maybe they said it because they want you to grow as a person and be the very best that you can possibly be.

So you want to change something? Put some stress on it!

Now when it comes to change then this dress is one of the biggest I have made, I would have never worn circle skirts if it wasn't for Marv. I trust her when it comes to telling me the truth about what looks good, because your friends want you to look and be your best. Anyway when Marv said wear the orange belt (orange is a funny colour if you have red hair) I knew to trust her. Friends make us move outside our comfort zones and they do it for your benefit not theirs, the trick is knowing who has your best interests at heart; and sometimes the answer to that question can be surprising.

Dress: Netti in Tiki Print by Pinup Girl Clothing
Shoes: Kurt Geiger











No comments:

Post a Comment