A guide to style and good tailoring

Hi welcome to my own unique perspective on what constitutes style and individualism. The vast majority of the photos are taken using a mobile phone camera and I have no make up on.......

I'm in my late 30's and I'm also a widow which probably explains why I look so god damn hot in black, well that and being an ivory skinned pale red head! It also documents my wardrobe, so many people seem fascinated by my clothes and compliment me for how I look wearing them.

It is one woman's campaign against Jeans, Tracksuits and Ugg Boots!

More importantly it's about altering your view on life and trying to do the right thing even though it isn't always the easiest.

This blog is a story in taking pride in yourself and not letting yourself go, or settling for second best because you know what girls? No one really is better than someone if they don't treat you like a Queen................

Sunday 19 May 2013

Silver screen Sunday's with Ava

I have been saving The Dambusters all week, and I am going to indulge today. I love that film, there is one line that makes it for me. Some lesser spotted RAF person is extolling the rarities of the Wellington bomber and that how did Barnes Wallace think he was going to convince anyone to lend him one for this project..............He simply replied "Tell them I designed it".

Sometimes it is cool to be the geek :) It's fair to say we dropped on when it came to geeks in WW2, Turing, Wallace, Whittle and Fleming. Necessity is after all the mother of invention. 

Someone has to add the Geek Chic, it's not all socks, sandals and pipes you know. Ava in Green is a beautiful and comfortable dress and great for a little silver screen indulgence. I love the satin sheen and the rouching. I'm still having fun breaking those fashion rules :)

Dress: Ava in Green by Pinup girl clothing
Shoes: Aldo





















No comments:

Post a Comment