A guide to style and good tailoring

Hi welcome to my own unique perspective on what constitutes style and individualism. The vast majority of the photos are taken using a mobile phone camera and I have no make up on.......

I'm in my late 30's and I'm also a widow which probably explains why I look so god damn hot in black, well that and being an ivory skinned pale red head! It also documents my wardrobe, so many people seem fascinated by my clothes and compliment me for how I look wearing them.

It is one woman's campaign against Jeans, Tracksuits and Ugg Boots!

More importantly it's about altering your view on life and trying to do the right thing even though it isn't always the easiest.

This blog is a story in taking pride in yourself and not letting yourself go, or settling for second best because you know what girls? No one really is better than someone if they don't treat you like a Queen................

Monday 17 December 2012

Retro all the way down to quad boots for rollerskating

One of the things that has brought me the most happiness and fun into my life this year has been rollerskating :) It's brilliant fun and a cheap night out and well it works that inner thigh! It is a great way to spend a Saturday night zooming round on wheels before home for some wine and whine. The best bit is when it comes to the best friends song, and the DJ says "grab your best friends hand and skate round" - there is something liberating about being nearly 40 and doing just that!

The other thing that I makes me smile about rollerskating is all the teenagers who come up to me and say "Wow I love your playsuit". Rollerskating opened up a whole new area of my wardrobe!

I am a retro girl when it comes to skating, I'm still old school going for the quad boots over the inliners. I can't stop in inliners and well braking is a requirement. The other thing I love about rollerskating is simply put, it is always shorts season!!! So you have to keep your legs looking trim.

I so don't want to end up like Lady Kronenburg, the woman who looks 16 from behind and 64 from the front!


Shorts: Daisy Dukes Deadly Dames at Pinupgirlclothing
Top: Peasant top in bandana print by Mode Merr
Bolero: Bolero by Mode Merr





Ready to go wearing Marv's skates





Action shot - I invested in my own retro rainbow quads. God my leg's look long in this. Marv's response - "Chick that's because they are, just like your arms, now watch your knuckles monkey!"


No comments:

Post a Comment