A guide to style and good tailoring

Hi welcome to my own unique perspective on what constitutes style and individualism. The vast majority of the photos are taken using a mobile phone camera and I have no make up on.......

I'm in my late 30's and I'm also a widow which probably explains why I look so god damn hot in black, well that and being an ivory skinned pale red head! It also documents my wardrobe, so many people seem fascinated by my clothes and compliment me for how I look wearing them.

It is one woman's campaign against Jeans, Tracksuits and Ugg Boots!

More importantly it's about altering your view on life and trying to do the right thing even though it isn't always the easiest.

This blog is a story in taking pride in yourself and not letting yourself go, or settling for second best because you know what girls? No one really is better than someone if they don't treat you like a Queen................

Sunday 23 December 2012

The female of the species, is more.........

Deadly than the male! Well one thing's for sure she is when she is wearing this scorching number by Deadly Dames.

I think this delivers everything I ask of a party dress, sexy, classic, fun, well tailored and noticeable. The blue highlights my eyes, the brick red brown compliments my hair the colours just work for me, it also brings out the ivory beauty of pale skin.

The real reason I love this dress though is it a sarong wrap pencil skirt, which means you can still do high kicks which is obligatory when Frank Sinatra comes one, and well without a split you're not doing that is a pencil skirt. It is close to perfect, if only it had been a halterneck!

You can get several different looks, with the bolero  bolero collar up vamp/Elvis style or without the bolero. I adore this dress. It's a Deadly Dames number and I just love the way they cut and style the dresses to give a hint of the "bad girl" look.

It always makes me think of South Pacific - "There is nothing like a dame".

It hints at everything yet reveals nothing .... Cleavage hinted at leaving the mystery, long split in the skirt but with good coverage so again the idea of the possibility of a glimpse........ I am telling you NOW girls long skirts with slits beats a micro skirt any day. It is all in the mystique.

One thing is for certain. You are a South Sea Siren when you wear this ;)


Dress: Malibu Tiki Dress with Bolero in Blue and Red Floral by Deadly Dames at pinupgirlclothing

Shoes: Schuh






With Bolero


Bolero Collar up




Without Bolero




Photos: Marvellous Marv the Hardware Hippo and Best Friend in the Universe



Space: The Female of the Species



There is Nothin' like a Dame ...




No comments:

Post a Comment