A guide to style and good tailoring

Hi welcome to my own unique perspective on what constitutes style and individualism. The vast majority of the photos are taken using a mobile phone camera and I have no make up on.......

I'm in my late 30's and I'm also a widow which probably explains why I look so god damn hot in black, well that and being an ivory skinned pale red head! It also documents my wardrobe, so many people seem fascinated by my clothes and compliment me for how I look wearing them.

It is one woman's campaign against Jeans, Tracksuits and Ugg Boots!

More importantly it's about altering your view on life and trying to do the right thing even though it isn't always the easiest.

This blog is a story in taking pride in yourself and not letting yourself go, or settling for second best because you know what girls? No one really is better than someone if they don't treat you like a Queen................

Friday 14 December 2012

You have the face nature gave you......

You have the face nature gave you at 20 and the face you deserve at 40.

Coco Chanel uttered those words and they ring so very true. There is nothing that makes me more sad than a woman who has aged before her time. We all know sun beds are bad (check out the super pale skin, do you think I have ever tried to get a sun tan) but you have to eat well too, try to get 10 of your 5 a day you will feel better for it. Swap bread for more vegetables, salad or fruit. It gives you great skin.

I also think that a good skin care routine is vital - I am a great believer in Mitsy (a character in Priscilla Queen of the Desert who packs a suitcase of moisturiser for the trip to the outback.

Invest in a good exfoliant there are plenty on the high street, I like the Body Shops Vitamin C micro exfoliant, I use environ as my main range and get that from a local salon. 

We've all had hard lives, trials and tribulations and stress that we could have lived a happy life without encountering, but looking after yourself and treating yourself with a good bit of pampering is a healthy way of boosting your self esteem and feeling good about yourself. Don't let yourself go girls love the skin you are in.

No Makeup

No comments:

Post a Comment