A guide to style and good tailoring

Hi welcome to my own unique perspective on what constitutes style and individualism. The vast majority of the photos are taken using a mobile phone camera and I have no make up on.......

I'm in my late 30's and I'm also a widow which probably explains why I look so god damn hot in black, well that and being an ivory skinned pale red head! It also documents my wardrobe, so many people seem fascinated by my clothes and compliment me for how I look wearing them.

It is one woman's campaign against Jeans, Tracksuits and Ugg Boots!

More importantly it's about altering your view on life and trying to do the right thing even though it isn't always the easiest.

This blog is a story in taking pride in yourself and not letting yourself go, or settling for second best because you know what girls? No one really is better than someone if they don't treat you like a Queen................

Saturday 2 February 2013

1983 was a vintage year

My Cousin was born :) Happy Birthday honey, love you lots xx

If that wasn't enough excitement then for those of us old enough to remember records, then you will be glad to know that in 1949 The first 45 RPM record was released. Oh those were the days, I remember buying singles and 12 inch records and record players, tapes, betamax, VHS and the sony walkman - the original I-pod. I remember religiously recording the top 40 on a Sunday between 4 and 7! How times change.

Enough nostalgia, as for the "record" it's a busy day ahead! First of all a trip to the hairdressers, then back home over to see my cousin and then over to Marv's for Girls Night :) I want something that is nice but with a tiny touch of party. I went for Vanessa by Heartbreaker. 

I love the wide folded collar and the button detail, in one fell swoop it highlights your collar bones, decollete, draws attention to your face. The wiggle fit and matching cloth belt and slightly shorter length, complete with small slit just finish this practical but party dress off. I love the colour of this dress, they refer to it as ice blue but I prefer to think of it as teal. It's just a nice dress that wears well that you feel nice wearing. What more could a woman ask for? (the skirt not to crease and ride up? - there is always a flaw!)

Dress: Vanessa in Ice Blue by Heartbreaker
Shoes: Kurt Geiger












Photos: Marvellous Marv the Hardware Hippo and Best Friend in the Universe

2 comments:

  1. swit swoo. i love this dress. merv looks beautiful and the blue contrasts with monkey fur wonderfully. xx

    ReplyDelete