A guide to style and good tailoring

Hi welcome to my own unique perspective on what constitutes style and individualism. The vast majority of the photos are taken using a mobile phone camera and I have no make up on.......

I'm in my late 30's and I'm also a widow which probably explains why I look so god damn hot in black, well that and being an ivory skinned pale red head! It also documents my wardrobe, so many people seem fascinated by my clothes and compliment me for how I look wearing them.

It is one woman's campaign against Jeans, Tracksuits and Ugg Boots!

More importantly it's about altering your view on life and trying to do the right thing even though it isn't always the easiest.

This blog is a story in taking pride in yourself and not letting yourself go, or settling for second best because you know what girls? No one really is better than someone if they don't treat you like a Queen................

Tuesday 19 February 2013

Nancy: Regan, Drew or Boy?

Today's dress is called Nancy, a name which has several connections for me. When I was little I remember my sister bookcase was full of Nancy Drew Mysteries, they had really exciting but rather scary pictures on the front. They were scooby doo stories for big girls!  

Nancy Reagan was the First Lady at this time too, and I remember my Nana thinking it said something about her that she got an act put through senate for funds to hire jewellery when she had an audience with the Queen. You have to give the woman points for attempting to take on the crown jewels! The last connection is of course the phrase "nancy boy" which makes me think of Placebo the band.

I like the simplistic styling of Nancy she is made from a beautiful shiny blue material that cascades over your curves without clinging. The folded back neckline with a subtle V draws your attention to the buttons in a semi circle which act to draw attention to your face. It is nicely fitted over the bust and tapers beautifully into a pencil skirt.

I think this dress is great for the office, shopping with the girls of even a spot of lunch. She's a very versatile dress balancing cute with comfortable.

Dress: Nancy by Bettie Page Clothing
Shoes: Kurt Geiger









Placebo - Nancy Boy



No comments:

Post a Comment