A guide to style and good tailoring

Hi welcome to my own unique perspective on what constitutes style and individualism. The vast majority of the photos are taken using a mobile phone camera and I have no make up on.......

I'm in my late 30's and I'm also a widow which probably explains why I look so god damn hot in black, well that and being an ivory skinned pale red head! It also documents my wardrobe, so many people seem fascinated by my clothes and compliment me for how I look wearing them.

It is one woman's campaign against Jeans, Tracksuits and Ugg Boots!

More importantly it's about altering your view on life and trying to do the right thing even though it isn't always the easiest.

This blog is a story in taking pride in yourself and not letting yourself go, or settling for second best because you know what girls? No one really is better than someone if they don't treat you like a Queen................

Thursday 7 February 2013

Pinocchio's nose

Today in 1940 Pinocchio was released by Walt Disney. I like the idea that you become a real person by being brave, truthful and unselfish. It is something that is lost or missing from today's vacuous, superficial celebrity driven society. All of which makes me think of my Happy New Year quote:

Don't lie,
Don't cheat,
Don't steal,
and Don't drink

If you must lie, lie in the arms of the one you love,
If you must cheat, cheat death,
If you must steal, then steal away from bad company
and If you must drink, then drink deep of life's beautiful moments.

In the movie pinocchio wore a sailor top with a bow and a square collar at the back, in cream with a huge blue bow. I opted for a more subtle red and black number. I think I prefer the reds for a nautical theme over navy blue, this is for a couple of reasons. 1. My school uniform was navy blue 2. If I fall overboard then I don't want to be wearing a colour that camouflages with water! 

I really like this top it is comfy and warm and has a touch of cute. The black bow and ribbon around the neckline add interest to an otherwise relatively simple top and the capri pants are the perfect compliment.

Top: Sailor Top in Red and Black by Pinup Girl Clothing
Capri Pants: Deadly Dames Dangerous curves in Black by Pin up Girl Clothing
Shoes: Kurt Geiger











Photos: Marvellous Marv the Hardware Hippo and Best Friend in the Universe




No comments:

Post a Comment