A guide to style and good tailoring

Hi welcome to my own unique perspective on what constitutes style and individualism. The vast majority of the photos are taken using a mobile phone camera and I have no make up on.......

I'm in my late 30's and I'm also a widow which probably explains why I look so god damn hot in black, well that and being an ivory skinned pale red head! It also documents my wardrobe, so many people seem fascinated by my clothes and compliment me for how I look wearing them.

It is one woman's campaign against Jeans, Tracksuits and Ugg Boots!

More importantly it's about altering your view on life and trying to do the right thing even though it isn't always the easiest.

This blog is a story in taking pride in yourself and not letting yourself go, or settling for second best because you know what girls? No one really is better than someone if they don't treat you like a Queen................

Tuesday 26 February 2013

Once the genie has escaped

Today in 1815 Napoleon Bonaparte escaped from the Island of Elba. He then began his second conquest of France, which culminated in the Battle of Waterloo. In 1952 British Prime Minister Winston Churchill announced that Britain had developed an atomic bomb.

The Battle of Waterloo and the end of the Napoleonic war kick started the industrial revolution. Britain 1815-1851, a time when the north was a powerhouse and Manchester was called Cottonopolis. I live near where the Macclesfield and Peak Forest Canals join. The advances in technology and transport were revolutionary and shape how we live today. 

The problem with technology is once you have invented it you can't put the genie back in the bottle. It is out and you have to deal with it and all it's unintended consequences. I remember The Cold War and the fall of the Berlin Wall. Checkpoint Charlie. Nuclear capability, rogue states and weapon proliferation isn't going to go away.  

So today I wanted something that would tie these themes together so I chosen Captain in Navy. I love this style of dress. I live the collar, and the piping it is very flattering and the buttons make it very smart. A tailored fitted pencil skirt makes the most of your curves and legs. It can be worn with or without a belt. This is one of my no brainer dresses which given that my brain feels like a zombie PC on a bot net, is just what I need. 


Dress: Captain in Navy by Bettie Page Clothing
Shoes: White Mary Janes by Bordello








No comments:

Post a Comment