A guide to style and good tailoring

Hi welcome to my own unique perspective on what constitutes style and individualism. The vast majority of the photos are taken using a mobile phone camera and I have no make up on.......

I'm in my late 30's and I'm also a widow which probably explains why I look so god damn hot in black, well that and being an ivory skinned pale red head! It also documents my wardrobe, so many people seem fascinated by my clothes and compliment me for how I look wearing them.

It is one woman's campaign against Jeans, Tracksuits and Ugg Boots!

More importantly it's about altering your view on life and trying to do the right thing even though it isn't always the easiest.

This blog is a story in taking pride in yourself and not letting yourself go, or settling for second best because you know what girls? No one really is better than someone if they don't treat you like a Queen................

Wednesday 27 February 2013

Isotopes and dating

1940 Martin Kamen and Sam Ruben discover carbon-14. It's existence had been hypotehesised in 1934. There are 3 naturally occurring isotopes of carbon  on Earth, Carbon-12 which comprises approximately 99% of Carbon, followed by Carbon-13 which accounts for the majority of the remaining 1% with Carbon-14 occurring in trace amounts.

Carbon-14 decays in Nitrogen-14 and it is this process that is used for radio carbon dating, it can determine the approximate age of organic carbon based substances up to an age of 60,000 years.

Carbon is amazing stuff, we are made of it. In fact in the first Star Trek movie, humanoid life is referred to by V'Ger as "carbon units". Carbon sharing the same valence pattern as Silicon (which we base computers on). If there were no carbon, then there would be no life, no lead in your pencil (as in graphite) and no diamonds!

LOL I did Genetics and Biochemistry before I wandered into computer programming! Science will always be my first love.

When I have a moment of feeling under pressure and have that moment of you know what, it would be easier to walk away from this. I remind myself that a diamond is a lump of coal that just stuck to it's job!

So what better way to celebrate, dating, diamonds and a bit of lead in your pencil that the Vivien of Holloway stunning black halterneck sarong dress. I love this dress, it starts off particularly well with a halterneck. I think these are very flattering to your shoulders and allow you to make the most of your back. The sweetheart neckline is a timeless classic that draws attention to the decollete and bust. The sarong wrap cascades beautifully down the pencil skirt drawing your eye and it is beautifully fitted over your derriere. The matching bolero is just lovely.

Dress: Sarong Dress in Black by Vivien of Holloway
Shoes: Kurt Geiger













Rihanna - Diamonds



Shirley Bassey - Diamonds are forever


No comments:

Post a Comment