A guide to style and good tailoring

Hi welcome to my own unique perspective on what constitutes style and individualism. The vast majority of the photos are taken using a mobile phone camera and I have no make up on.......

I'm in my late 30's and I'm also a widow which probably explains why I look so god damn hot in black, well that and being an ivory skinned pale red head! It also documents my wardrobe, so many people seem fascinated by my clothes and compliment me for how I look wearing them.

It is one woman's campaign against Jeans, Tracksuits and Ugg Boots!

More importantly it's about altering your view on life and trying to do the right thing even though it isn't always the easiest.

This blog is a story in taking pride in yourself and not letting yourself go, or settling for second best because you know what girls? No one really is better than someone if they don't treat you like a Queen................

Sunday 24 February 2013

Cartoon are good but Manga is better

I needed to make myself smile this morning as I am back in the office again today, it has been a hard slog but worth it. I have decided that I am going to treat myself this evenign with some good old fashioned Manga! I love the Japanese cartoons, they take me back to university and the early days of dating my husband. I knew he fancied me when he got me the Akira limited edition box set in Japanese with subtitles.
 
I am going to partake in Akira and Fist of the North star, and possibly a bit of ghost in the shell or appleseed. We used to do Mnaga and Disney nights on a Friday at university when they had Manga on chaneel 4 at 2am in the morning. I loved the theme tune by celtic frost, you had to play spot the movie and when the clips changed you had to say the film it was from, I was unbeatable.
 
The obsession with Mnaga started at an early age it was " Force Battle of the Planets" and "Ulyssess 31" that did it. They were unbelievealby cool and how could you not like the phoenix?
 
Today's dress is called "Home sewing made easy" and it is a cartoon number by Folter, when it comes to easy home sewing "Grandma" is the best! She rocks (this is mini Marv's Grandma) she has just finished altering 4 dresses and a suit for me! How exciting :)
 
Dress: Home sewing made easy Folter
Shoes: Aldo
 
 
 

 
 
 
 
 
Manga Trailer
 
 
I think the red head in the sailor outfit had a more profound effect on me than you would think! She kicked ass though.

No comments:

Post a Comment