A guide to style and good tailoring

Hi welcome to my own unique perspective on what constitutes style and individualism. The vast majority of the photos are taken using a mobile phone camera and I have no make up on.......

I'm in my late 30's and I'm also a widow which probably explains why I look so god damn hot in black, well that and being an ivory skinned pale red head! It also documents my wardrobe, so many people seem fascinated by my clothes and compliment me for how I look wearing them.

It is one woman's campaign against Jeans, Tracksuits and Ugg Boots!

More importantly it's about altering your view on life and trying to do the right thing even though it isn't always the easiest.

This blog is a story in taking pride in yourself and not letting yourself go, or settling for second best because you know what girls? No one really is better than someone if they don't treat you like a Queen................

Monday 25 February 2013

The cherries of immortality

Cherries can symbolize fertility, merrymaking, and festivity. In Japan, where cherry blossoms are the national flower, cherries represent beauty, courtesy, and modesty. The ancient Chinese regarded the fruit as a symbol of immortality. One Chinese legend tells of the goddess Xi Wang Mu, in whose garden the cherries of immortality ripen every thousand years.

I adore cherries, when I was little before I had my ears pierced I would get the "double cherries" and hang them over my ears pretending they were earrings. Seriously though cherries and dark chocolate? I'm sold LOL

I wanted to wear something fun again today, we are all tired at work and we are on the last straight so it is about keeping going. Circles skirts make me smile because you look like a spinning top when you twirl and spin round in them and a cherry print just makes people smile. I will team it with a bolero for work.

I really do like the cut of the Bernie Dexter halterneck dresses and the prints are beautiful too, I like the sweetheart neckline it is pretty and feminine and when teamed with a halterneck it is monkey fashion heaven!

Dress: Belle in Cherry Print by Bernie Dexter
Shoes: Kurt Geiger








Cherry Pie




No comments:

Post a Comment