A guide to style and good tailoring

Hi welcome to my own unique perspective on what constitutes style and individualism. The vast majority of the photos are taken using a mobile phone camera and I have no make up on.......

I'm in my late 30's and I'm also a widow which probably explains why I look so god damn hot in black, well that and being an ivory skinned pale red head! It also documents my wardrobe, so many people seem fascinated by my clothes and compliment me for how I look wearing them.

It is one woman's campaign against Jeans, Tracksuits and Ugg Boots!

More importantly it's about altering your view on life and trying to do the right thing even though it isn't always the easiest.

This blog is a story in taking pride in yourself and not letting yourself go, or settling for second best because you know what girls? No one really is better than someone if they don't treat you like a Queen................

Tuesday 12 February 2013

Madam Butterfly V Pagoda all served with pancakes

I love Chinese and oriental dresses so seeing as the Chinese like to continue a celebration I am running with it. Today is another classic Chinese style, this time with an usual neckline. I like the double collar that is accented with the blue ribbons at the front. It is beautifully fitted with two small slits at the front. The butterfly print is ever so pretty and it reminds me that we all need butterflies. Without them we wouldn't see the potential beauty in the changes in life, I think we all start off as caterpillars and grow into ourselves.
 
Butterflies also make me think of the time that my Mum and Dad went to see Madam Butterfly, Dad always regaled the story so well. 
 
Madam Butterfly was standing on the porch of the pagoda looking longingly towards Pinkerton who is just about to depart. She is singin her aria arms reaching out towards her departing lover......all the time singing her beautiful aria....... 
 
Now at this point it's worth noting that you have an opera singer in full flow and this is not a lady to be trifled with. She starts to move towards him under full steam as does the pagoda, for a few feet feet..... Madam Butterfly comes to an abrupt halt her skirt is hooked on the pagoda..... She can't move.......the audience start to titter quietly, Pinkerton marches across the stage, unhooks the dress to the cheers of the audience. 
 
The performers never missed a note for the whole episode! Fantastic.
 
So here's to butterflies, and life being like one.
Beautiful and graceful, varied and enchanting, small but approachable, butterflies lead you to the sunny side of life.  And everyone deserves a little sunshine.  ~Jeffrey Glassberg

Just in case butterflies weren't sunshine enough, it is also pancake day. I have to confess I am a purist when it comes to pancakes, the classics really are the best; lemon and sugar - the bitter sweet sharp contrast, that is wonderfully contradictory.

Dress: Ruby by Bettie Page Clothing
Shoes: Schuh







No comments:

Post a Comment