A guide to style and good tailoring

Hi welcome to my own unique perspective on what constitutes style and individualism. The vast majority of the photos are taken using a mobile phone camera and I have no make up on.......

I'm in my late 30's and I'm also a widow which probably explains why I look so god damn hot in black, well that and being an ivory skinned pale red head! It also documents my wardrobe, so many people seem fascinated by my clothes and compliment me for how I look wearing them.

It is one woman's campaign against Jeans, Tracksuits and Ugg Boots!

More importantly it's about altering your view on life and trying to do the right thing even though it isn't always the easiest.

This blog is a story in taking pride in yourself and not letting yourself go, or settling for second best because you know what girls? No one really is better than someone if they don't treat you like a Queen................

Tuesday 5 February 2013

Giger's reminder

In 1940 H.R. Giger was born, you are probably aware of his art work through the film Aliens. I like Giger in a strange way as I find some of his images challenging to look at because it makes us face things we would rather not see. A reminder that life cannot always be beautiful.

I suppose in part that is why I always like to smile at people and try my best to treat people as I would like to be treated, you don't know what kind of day that person has had and maybe a smile is all they need to get them through their day. Maybe this is why I wear 1950s clothes and try to inject a bit of sparkle into the world through my clothes?

Today I have gone for one of my favourite style dresses, the Sarong Dress by Vivien of Holloway (who also designed the Afternoon Tea Dress that I am so fond of). These dresses are beautifully made and I adore the prints, this is called Maple leaf, it has bronze, russet and gold flecks with blue on a black background. It is really hard to capture this material on camera and Marv has as ever done a fantastic job. Life through the lens hey Marv?

I think the Sarong style is a winner, it starts off well with a halterneck which I love because it flatters your shoulders and the sweetheart neckline emphasises your decollete and face, the fitted top accentuates your waist and the sarong wrap skirt is a nice change to a pencil skirt. It has a similar design to the afternoon tea dress, so the wrap over allows you the ability to do the high kick (well you never know when you might hear Frank Sinatra - New York! LOL) the matching bolero is fantastic too as it saves all the stress of co-ordinating.

Dress: Sarong Wrap in Maple Leaf print Vivien of Holloway
Shoes: Kurt Geiger













Photos: Marvellous Marv the Hardware Hippo and Best Friend in the Universe


2 comments:

  1. I love this dress, its is made of a wonderful textured material which complements monkey fur beautifully.

    It was a tricky one to photograph well, but it looks awesome.. high 5 for monkey and hippo magic!

    xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. High 5 for Marvellous Marv and her fab view on life through the lens!

      Delete