A guide to style and good tailoring

Hi welcome to my own unique perspective on what constitutes style and individualism. The vast majority of the photos are taken using a mobile phone camera and I have no make up on.......

I'm in my late 30's and I'm also a widow which probably explains why I look so god damn hot in black, well that and being an ivory skinned pale red head! It also documents my wardrobe, so many people seem fascinated by my clothes and compliment me for how I look wearing them.

It is one woman's campaign against Jeans, Tracksuits and Ugg Boots!

More importantly it's about altering your view on life and trying to do the right thing even though it isn't always the easiest.

This blog is a story in taking pride in yourself and not letting yourself go, or settling for second best because you know what girls? No one really is better than someone if they don't treat you like a Queen................

Sunday 3 February 2013

Pin-ups on a Pin-up!

I love this dress, she is called Ginger. I think it was probably in honour Ginger Rogers as she wore those lovely floaty flare skirt dresses to dance in. I always remember her classic line "Women do everything a man can do, we just do it backwards and in heels!".

How can this dress not make you smile?

The print is great, though if I do say so myself the legs on the print aren't a patch on the legs they are covering up, but I am biased LOL It has the another bonus the only red headed pinup in the picture is me! I am the one and only ;)

As you know I do like a halterneck I think they are one of the most flattering necklines on me, I like the way they make my shoulders look, and the triangle shape points to your face. 

The white panel over the bust and the lace edging with the bow adds a flirty femininity and emphasises your assets in a nice understated way, giving you a nice shape. It is slim fitting to your hips, and then it flares out into a pleated circle skirt.

It is another "twirl" around the place spinning like a spinning top dress, it looks beautiful but I do get a bit dizzy (This is styles way of telling me I need to drill my spotting more, your head is the last thing to leave and the first to arrive). It looks lovely from the back to and compliments your shoulders and waist whilst falling nicely over your derriere.

This dress was another one of those internet quests and she was worth the hunt. She looks great with a black bolero or cardigan.

Dress: Ginger in Pinup Print by Pinup Girl Clothing
Shoes: Kurt Geiger

















Photos: Marvellous Marv the Hardware Hippo and Best Friend in the Universe

No comments:

Post a Comment