A guide to style and good tailoring

Hi welcome to my own unique perspective on what constitutes style and individualism. The vast majority of the photos are taken using a mobile phone camera and I have no make up on.......

I'm in my late 30's and I'm also a widow which probably explains why I look so god damn hot in black, well that and being an ivory skinned pale red head! It also documents my wardrobe, so many people seem fascinated by my clothes and compliment me for how I look wearing them.

It is one woman's campaign against Jeans, Tracksuits and Ugg Boots!

More importantly it's about altering your view on life and trying to do the right thing even though it isn't always the easiest.

This blog is a story in taking pride in yourself and not letting yourself go, or settling for second best because you know what girls? No one really is better than someone if they don't treat you like a Queen................

Saturday 9 February 2013

Breakfast, Deep Blue Something

It is weekend! What better way to get Saturday off to a fantastic start than to watch Breakfast at Tiffany's? Marv is a huge Audrey fan. Audrey Hepburn was beautiful inside and it showed on the outside too. Marv's like that too. I got her some nice Audrey bags with scenes from the movie for Christmas and she uses the small one to take her lunch to work in.

Given that I like to get into the spirit of things when it comes to watching films, I decided to go for my Tiffany Blue capri pants and a polka dot halterneck. Which makes me think of my sister too, it reminds me of the song by Deep Blue Something, which makes me think of my big sis driving me back from The Great East Swim and our holiday in the Dominican Republic. Good times :) I love the idea in that the song that the one thing they have in common is liking the movie, Breakfast at Tiffany's.

I am a huge fan of capri pants, they are my jeans. They look really pretty when you team them with halterneck tops and peep toe Mary Janes. I like the coolness of the tiffany blue against my skin and who can resist polka dots? It is a classic 50s look.

It is also a great party outfit, and given mini-Marv has clocked up his first decade we'll be celebrating in style with movies and apple juice shots later! As mentioned I take my role as the eccentric crazy Auntie seriously!

Capri Pants: Dangerous Curves in Tiffany Blue by Pinup Girl Clothing
Top: Halterneck in black and white polka dot by Vivien of Holloway
Shoes: Kurt Geiger












Deep Blue Something
Breakfast at Tiffany's

1 comment: