A guide to style and good tailoring

Hi welcome to my own unique perspective on what constitutes style and individualism. The vast majority of the photos are taken using a mobile phone camera and I have no make up on.......

I'm in my late 30's and I'm also a widow which probably explains why I look so god damn hot in black, well that and being an ivory skinned pale red head! It also documents my wardrobe, so many people seem fascinated by my clothes and compliment me for how I look wearing them.

It is one woman's campaign against Jeans, Tracksuits and Ugg Boots!

More importantly it's about altering your view on life and trying to do the right thing even though it isn't always the easiest.

This blog is a story in taking pride in yourself and not letting yourself go, or settling for second best because you know what girls? No one really is better than someone if they don't treat you like a Queen................

Thursday 28 March 2013

Everyday is a school day

I have borrowed the "l'expression du jour" from a friend, I'm sure they won't mind especially as it rings true. There is always something to be learned in life. My parents were teachers, my Aunt was a teacher, My sister was a teacher and my cousin is a teacher. Actually I do them injustice's they were essentially head teachers or they run education authorities. In short I am the black sheep of the family. I'm the computer programmer!

Still they all new lots of exciting things about everything and if they didn't then they knew someone who did. My love of science, art, mathematics, music, history, literature, culture and language all came from people who had a passion for the topic. 

Today's skirt is called classmate and it reminds me of the outfit's Sandra Dee's friends wore in grease. I have a soft spot for picnic rug prints I just think they are so much fun. It makes me think of West Highland Terriers, which my Auntie and Uncle bred. I loved helping my Uncle George with the dogs when I was little, I learned a lot from him. Like how to dig for worms for fishing bait, how out board motors work, how to box and the names of all the animals in rock pools. He always had an immaculate quiff and was never without a comb. He loved deep sea fishing, we used to go out on his boat it was an Orkney longliner and just bob up and down on the sea for hours, all of which bring me to the top which is called wave.

Now when I first put this ensemble together it just didn't look right. I had really wanted to wear it as a tie top number but the blouse was too long, so not one for wearing out. It was missing something, the mirror was kind enough to indicate it to me.

Fortunately not only do I have a mirror but I also have a best friend. Marv pulled her "Hippo Fashion Breakthrough" face, rummaged in the belt draw and came up with the red belt with the red shoes. I have to say I think Marv was onto something with this :) and it just goes to show that every day is a school day.

Skirt: Classmate by Bettie Page Clothing
Belt: Vivien of Holloway
Blouse: By Bettie Page Clothing
Shoes: Aldo









No comments:

Post a Comment