A guide to style and good tailoring

Hi welcome to my own unique perspective on what constitutes style and individualism. The vast majority of the photos are taken using a mobile phone camera and I have no make up on.......

I'm in my late 30's and I'm also a widow which probably explains why I look so god damn hot in black, well that and being an ivory skinned pale red head! It also documents my wardrobe, so many people seem fascinated by my clothes and compliment me for how I look wearing them.

It is one woman's campaign against Jeans, Tracksuits and Ugg Boots!

More importantly it's about altering your view on life and trying to do the right thing even though it isn't always the easiest.

This blog is a story in taking pride in yourself and not letting yourself go, or settling for second best because you know what girls? No one really is better than someone if they don't treat you like a Queen................

Wednesday 20 March 2013

In search of El Dorado

In 1616 Sir Walter Raleigh was released from a 13 year imprisonment in the Tower of London. His mission was to return to Venzuela in search of El Dorado and the Cities of Gold. In our own way we all search for El Dorado, like the Holy Grail it is a metaphor for a prize so great you spend your life seeking it.

Whenever I think of South America I think of the Butterflies. When I was little my Mum used to read me fairy stories from around the world, and I loved them, they described the gods making butterflies by throwing all the jewels of the earth into the sky and giving them life. They are rare and gentle things.

This is a classic ensemble, a kitten bow blouse and a skirt. I love purple it is without a doubt my favourite colour to look at I prefer to wear green. I like the femininity of this simple outfit  The butterfly print blouse has a beautiful off set kitten bow at the neckline. It is chiffon so you need to combine it with a chemise. The purple pencil skirt is called Vixen, so the name as well as the colour appealed to me. I have teamed it with neutral shoes to balance the blouse.

Blouse: Gala Purple Butterflies by Bettie Page Clothing
Skirt: Vixen in Purple
Shoes: Aldo








Dolly Parton




No comments:

Post a Comment