A guide to style and good tailoring

Hi welcome to my own unique perspective on what constitutes style and individualism. The vast majority of the photos are taken using a mobile phone camera and I have no make up on.......

I'm in my late 30's and I'm also a widow which probably explains why I look so god damn hot in black, well that and being an ivory skinned pale red head! It also documents my wardrobe, so many people seem fascinated by my clothes and compliment me for how I look wearing them.

It is one woman's campaign against Jeans, Tracksuits and Ugg Boots!

More importantly it's about altering your view on life and trying to do the right thing even though it isn't always the easiest.

This blog is a story in taking pride in yourself and not letting yourself go, or settling for second best because you know what girls? No one really is better than someone if they don't treat you like a Queen................

Sunday 10 March 2013

Muffin top? More like a cake shop!

It is Mother's Day today. So Happy Mother's Day to all the Mum's out there. I was really lucky to have got the parents that I did and my Mum might be in her late 70's but she still has a sense of humour though on occasion it might take her a while to get the concepts!

Today we were laughing about the muffin top explanation (we were at a hafla) explaining the concept of the muffin top to Mother, it took her a while but we knew she grasped it when she said "Muffin top! Chance would be a fine thing, I've got a cake shop". LOL The Grand Matriarch of Clan Merv, she is very special. She is the lady who taught me what family means, and what unconditional love is, and to just keep going because it will get better. One of the only people who can say "I know love" and you know that they do. 

What makes "Mummy Merv" so special is she realised very early on that the universe doesn't always get your family right first time, which  explains her impressive propensity to acquire new family members. Family comes in all shapes and it is how you make them :)

So just to keep Mum's cake shop well stocked LOL we had afternoon cake whilst watching war movies (she likes that). So it had to be an Afternoon tea dress, this is one of my favourite designs because it is so practical and feminine and you have to love a dress you can actually hurdle in. 


Dress: Afternoon Tea in Autumn Berries Vivien of Holloway
Shoes: Courtesy of the extensive collection of Marvellous Marv the Hardware Hippo





No comments:

Post a Comment