A guide to style and good tailoring

Hi welcome to my own unique perspective on what constitutes style and individualism. The vast majority of the photos are taken using a mobile phone camera and I have no make up on.......

I'm in my late 30's and I'm also a widow which probably explains why I look so god damn hot in black, well that and being an ivory skinned pale red head! It also documents my wardrobe, so many people seem fascinated by my clothes and compliment me for how I look wearing them.

It is one woman's campaign against Jeans, Tracksuits and Ugg Boots!

More importantly it's about altering your view on life and trying to do the right thing even though it isn't always the easiest.

This blog is a story in taking pride in yourself and not letting yourself go, or settling for second best because you know what girls? No one really is better than someone if they don't treat you like a Queen................

Wednesday 27 March 2013

Your jade will break first

The Chinese say your jade will break before you do, and I like that as a thought, especially as my jade hasn't broken yet. I guess though that if life were going to break me that there is a fair chance it would have done it by now. So here's to being the unbreakable Mrs B! (well the one from the Titanic was unsinkable).

I love the dark emerald colour of the silk. It is beautiful and a classic colour. The dress has a slash at the neckline with the ornate knotted buttons that so typify the chinese style. The high neckline is a challenge for me as I don't like things tight around my neck but this is nice and roomy and I can comfortably fit all fingers between the collar and my neck (this matters).

The unusual aspect to this dress is the big Obi sash. I love this feature of Japanese/Chinese clothing. A huge bow at the back? WOW, though as Marv says the bows tend to be wider than I am! Still they are great fun, and it is cute to wear a bow at the back of your belt, it really emphasises your derriere in a nice way.

Dress: Jade Dress in Teal with Obi Sash Belt
Shoes: Kurt Geiger




1 comment:

  1. This dress is perfect for helping a monkey decide if she can fit through a small space, the bow acts like cats whiskers, if the bow will fit through, so will Merv.

    Love the dress, 5 extra bonus bananas
    :-) x

    ReplyDelete