A guide to style and good tailoring

Hi welcome to my own unique perspective on what constitutes style and individualism. The vast majority of the photos are taken using a mobile phone camera and I have no make up on.......

I'm in my late 30's and I'm also a widow which probably explains why I look so god damn hot in black, well that and being an ivory skinned pale red head! It also documents my wardrobe, so many people seem fascinated by my clothes and compliment me for how I look wearing them.

It is one woman's campaign against Jeans, Tracksuits and Ugg Boots!

More importantly it's about altering your view on life and trying to do the right thing even though it isn't always the easiest.

This blog is a story in taking pride in yourself and not letting yourself go, or settling for second best because you know what girls? No one really is better than someone if they don't treat you like a Queen................

Monday 4 March 2013

Rita: Roller coasters and Meter maids

Roller coasters and time, the things that life is made of, so as a reminder to myself I thought I would go for Rita. She used to be the Queen of Speed, but Alton Towers re-branded her, though according to The Beatles she was a lovely meter maid. A reminder that just like a roller coaster, that you have to take the rough with the smooth, because that the good time pass, just like the bad ones do.

All these topics remind me of three songs by a group called The Chameleons, they are amazing live. The album first came out when I was 12, but I didn't get it until I was 16 and I'm still listening to them.

Rita is a stunning teal which is a great colour for me. I love the matching coloured buttons that run down the front to the waste. The wide split collar goes well with the short sleeves. It is finished off with a black belt and shoes.

Dress: Rita in Teal by Bettie Page Clothing
Shoes: Kurt Geiger












The Chameleons - Swamp Thing




The Chameleons - Seriocity




The Chameleons - The End of Time




No comments:

Post a Comment