A guide to style and good tailoring

Hi welcome to my own unique perspective on what constitutes style and individualism. The vast majority of the photos are taken using a mobile phone camera and I have no make up on.......

I'm in my late 30's and I'm also a widow which probably explains why I look so god damn hot in black, well that and being an ivory skinned pale red head! It also documents my wardrobe, so many people seem fascinated by my clothes and compliment me for how I look wearing them.

It is one woman's campaign against Jeans, Tracksuits and Ugg Boots!

More importantly it's about altering your view on life and trying to do the right thing even though it isn't always the easiest.

This blog is a story in taking pride in yourself and not letting yourself go, or settling for second best because you know what girls? No one really is better than someone if they don't treat you like a Queen................

Sunday 17 March 2013

The wearing of the green

Today is the day for 'the wearing of the green', nit that I need much excuse to wear the colour green but when one presents itself you might as well make the most of it! Not only is it Saint Patrick's day, but in 1901 paintings by the late Dutch painter Vincent van Gogh are shown at the Bernheim-Jeune gallery in Paris. The 71 paintings, which captured their subjects in bold brushstrokes and expressive colors, caused a sensation across the art world. Van Gogh had already taken his own life 11 years earlier.

I went for the simplicity of this well tailored dress who is somehow inappropriately named 'Vickie'. It has a slash neckline which draws attention to your face, this is balanced by the three quarter length sleeves. The dress has darts under the bust and a beautiful cross tie belt that skims just under your bust and above your hips. It buttons at the back. There are cute little pleats at the waist that balance the ones under the bust. It is a lovely effect as it draws attention to your shape.It is made from a super soft knitted twill, that has some stretch.

Dress: Vickie in Green by Bettie Page Clothing
Shoes: Kurt Geiger





Starry, Starry night (Vincent) - Don Mclean

No comments:

Post a Comment