A guide to style and good tailoring

Hi welcome to my own unique perspective on what constitutes style and individualism. The vast majority of the photos are taken using a mobile phone camera and I have no make up on.......

I'm in my late 30's and I'm also a widow which probably explains why I look so god damn hot in black, well that and being an ivory skinned pale red head! It also documents my wardrobe, so many people seem fascinated by my clothes and compliment me for how I look wearing them.

It is one woman's campaign against Jeans, Tracksuits and Ugg Boots!

More importantly it's about altering your view on life and trying to do the right thing even though it isn't always the easiest.

This blog is a story in taking pride in yourself and not letting yourself go, or settling for second best because you know what girls? No one really is better than someone if they don't treat you like a Queen................

Thursday 7 March 2013

Stanley Kubrick: I wanna be your drill instructor

Today in 1999 Stanley Kubrick passed away, he was regarded as one of the greatest film makers of all time. His films include but are not limited to

1. Spartacus
2. Lolita 
3: Dr Strangelove or: How I learned to stop worrying and love the bomb
3. Clockwork Orange
4. 2001: A Space Odessey
5: Full Metal Jacket

Spartacus, an epic movie. Who will ever forget the lines "I'm Spartacus", "No, I'm Spartacus". I always found it fitting that the woman who was the match for Spartacus was a Brigantes, no where makes women quite like they do in the North West of England.

2001 A Space Odessey made HAL 9000 a household name, and every techie has at some point put a copy of "I'm sorry Dave, I can't do that" and replaced a command so that file executes instead LOL For the none techies HAL stands for Hardware Abstraction Layer, and the music amazing. Amazing!

When it comes Full Metal Jacket I will never forget the scene when Gunnery Sergeant Hartman walks in and demands that Private Leonard Lawrence surrender his rifle, Hartman is killed by Lawrence who then takes his own life with an M14 rifle. It is this scene where the file gets it's title and the line "seven six two millimetre full metal jacket". Sadly psychotic episodes rarely if ever end well.


Dress: Military Pinup Dress in Olive Green with Red Trim by Pinup Girl Clothing
Shoes: Aldo 












No comments:

Post a Comment