A guide to style and good tailoring

Hi welcome to my own unique perspective on what constitutes style and individualism. The vast majority of the photos are taken using a mobile phone camera and I have no make up on.......

I'm in my late 30's and I'm also a widow which probably explains why I look so god damn hot in black, well that and being an ivory skinned pale red head! It also documents my wardrobe, so many people seem fascinated by my clothes and compliment me for how I look wearing them.

It is one woman's campaign against Jeans, Tracksuits and Ugg Boots!

More importantly it's about altering your view on life and trying to do the right thing even though it isn't always the easiest.

This blog is a story in taking pride in yourself and not letting yourself go, or settling for second best because you know what girls? No one really is better than someone if they don't treat you like a Queen................

Saturday 2 March 2013

Going Bertie: Liquorice Allsorts

It's getting ever closer to spring and the days are getting brighter and soon all the lovely spring flowers will start blooming. 

It's March! So you are allowed to be as mad as a March Hare (not to mention a hatter) so I've gone a bit Bertie and I am wearing my liquorice allsorts outfit!

The national press are terribly disparaging about women over 30, we shouldn't have long hair, wear shorts (or Capri pants) or wear gingham! Oh well rules were put there to be tested and broken LOL I'll still be rocking my Capri pants in the old folks home with Marv, whilst we dye our hair rainbow bright colours.

So here's to continued long hair, gingham tops, dresses and playsuits, shorts and hot pants! 

Capri Pants: Dangerous Curves in Hot Pink by Deadly Dames
Halterneck Top: Black and WHite Gingham by Vivien of Holloway
Shoes: Mary Janes by Bordello







Growing Old Disgracefully by Jenny Joseph

When I am an old woman, I shall wear purple 
with a red hat that doesn't go, and doesn't suit me. 
And I shall spend my pension on brandy and summer gloves 
and satin candles, and say we've no money for butter. 
I shall sit down on the pavement when I am tired 
and gobble up samples in shops and press alarm bells 
and run my stick along the public railings 
and make up for the sobriety of my youth. 
I shall go out in my slippers in the rain 
and pick the flowers in other people's gardens 
and learn to spit. 

You can wear terrible shirts and grow more fat 
and eat three pounds of sausages at a go 
or only bread and pickles for a week 
and hoard pens and pencils and beer nuts and things in boxes. 

But now we must have clothes that keep us dry 
and pay our rent and not swear in the street 
and set a good example for the children. 
We must have friends to dinner and read the papers. 
But maybe I ought to practice a little now? 
So people who know me are not too shocked and surprised 
When suddenly I am old, and start to wear purple. 




1 comment:

  1. Here's to Merv and Marv growing old disgracefully... sweet sherry anyone!! x

    ReplyDelete