A guide to style and good tailoring

Hi welcome to my own unique perspective on what constitutes style and individualism. The vast majority of the photos are taken using a mobile phone camera and I have no make up on.......

I'm in my late 30's and I'm also a widow which probably explains why I look so god damn hot in black, well that and being an ivory skinned pale red head! It also documents my wardrobe, so many people seem fascinated by my clothes and compliment me for how I look wearing them.

It is one woman's campaign against Jeans, Tracksuits and Ugg Boots!

More importantly it's about altering your view on life and trying to do the right thing even though it isn't always the easiest.

This blog is a story in taking pride in yourself and not letting yourself go, or settling for second best because you know what girls? No one really is better than someone if they don't treat you like a Queen................

Friday 29 March 2013

Good Friday? Makes me want to take Charles Atlas by the hand

It is going to be a fab day :) Marv and I are off to see the Rocky Horror Show as part of my birthday celebrations. I love the Rocky Horror Show  I went to see it for the first time when I was a teenager and I guess I have been hooked ever since, but then I did understand How Frank'n'Furter felt when it came to Faye Wray:

What ever happened to Faye Wray?
That delicate satin draped frame
As it clung to her thigh,
How I started to cry
'Cause I wanted to be dressed just the same.

It has some amazing songs, Sweet Transvestite, Toucha toucha touch me and the classic "I can make you a man" which is always an amusing track to pick when you are doing weights at the gym!....Something might as well want to  take Charles Atlas by the hand!

So to get into the spirit things before I get ready I thought I would wear Violet. She's a show stopper for sure, and it seems to sensible to start off in Violet as I will be Magenta later on!

The gathered bust is lined in stretch charmeuse for comfort and support, and the bengaline continues under the velvet to give the shoulders more structure. The bust features a daring keyhole front and two black rhinestone faux buttons sparkle at the collar. Finished off with a back zip, puff sleeves, and a matching grommet velvet belt. 

Dress: Violet in Red by Pinup Girl Clothing
Shoes: Kurt Geiger









No comments:

Post a Comment