A guide to style and good tailoring

Hi welcome to my own unique perspective on what constitutes style and individualism. The vast majority of the photos are taken using a mobile phone camera and I have no make up on.......

I'm in my late 30's and I'm also a widow which probably explains why I look so god damn hot in black, well that and being an ivory skinned pale red head! It also documents my wardrobe, so many people seem fascinated by my clothes and compliment me for how I look wearing them.

It is one woman's campaign against Jeans, Tracksuits and Ugg Boots!

More importantly it's about altering your view on life and trying to do the right thing even though it isn't always the easiest.

This blog is a story in taking pride in yourself and not letting yourself go, or settling for second best because you know what girls? No one really is better than someone if they don't treat you like a Queen................

Friday 1 March 2013

Call me Delores like they do in the stories.....

Dylan Thomas is one of my favourite poets, I remember with fondness my Dad buying me a copy of "Under Milkwood" before I went to university as no bookcase was complete without it. I went to see Guy Masterson perform it at the Edinburgh Fringe the year I graduated. Les was brave enough to take me. We had fun that weekend - it explains why I don't drink Whiskey and why Lassie cannot be trusted!!! I love the characters that he created and the lines they get to say.

Today's dress is called Lolita which is a nickname for Dolores, and well a soon to be 38 year old widow is probably as far away from a Lolita as you can get but it is fab fun but only because I don't look my age (self delusion is wonderful). I can't believe it is March already, I am stuggling to get my head round the fact that 1/6th of the year has already gone, and soon it will be the end of Q1!! January and February need to start passing more slowly, it is no good when March arrives to quickly. March ages me! LOL

Today I wanted to wear something girlie but feminine. I really do like the lace top and the V neckline, the piping around the edge of the puff ball sleeves is just such a sweet little detail. The wide yoke at the waist opening into a full skirt with contrast stitching makes this a great dress to start the weekend with. I deserve a fab weekend :)
 

Dress: Lolita by Stop Staring!
Shoes: Kurt Geiger











No comments:

Post a Comment