A guide to style and good tailoring

Hi welcome to my own unique perspective on what constitutes style and individualism. The vast majority of the photos are taken using a mobile phone camera and I have no make up on.......

I'm in my late 30's and I'm also a widow which probably explains why I look so god damn hot in black, well that and being an ivory skinned pale red head! It also documents my wardrobe, so many people seem fascinated by my clothes and compliment me for how I look wearing them.

It is one woman's campaign against Jeans, Tracksuits and Ugg Boots!

More importantly it's about altering your view on life and trying to do the right thing even though it isn't always the easiest.

This blog is a story in taking pride in yourself and not letting yourself go, or settling for second best because you know what girls? No one really is better than someone if they don't treat you like a Queen................

Monday 7 January 2013

Feeling French. Taking the pain of chocolate with the Foreign Legion

Goodness - The pain of chocolate or as the french like to say pain au chocolat for an indulgent breakfast and yesterdays Matisse print inspired me to pick one of my dress with a french name. Let me introduce Francois. She has that risque but not revealing cut of french clothes. 

The bow on the dress at the front is detachable, I think it adds a fun, flirty dimension that makes me smile. I really love the way the little blue collar stands out on the large white peter pan collar which frames the shoulders beautifully. I carried the white buttons to the waist through to my shoes.

Fun but elegant you really can't go wrong with navy and white. I am going to team it with a white pashmina/shawl for the office so that my shoulders are covered but you can still see the contrast of the blue and white collars.

Here's to Francois and facing the torture that is the pain of chocolate :)

The song chose itself because of the chocolate indulgence, we should heed it's words "No I don't regret anything" - we say in English only regret the things you didn't do, not the things you did. I'm with the French on this - Don't regret anything. Maybe I should confess I am also with the french when it comes to knickers, coffee and champagne too!


Dress: Francois by Glamourbunny
Shoes: Schuh











Naughty face ...yum yum chocolate



You can't help but want to dance round the kitchen eating naughty but ever so nice pastries and drinking strong coffee to this, well unless you are the French Foreign Legion. I don't think they would let you have breakfast on the parade ground whilst you were singing it! They probably don't let you dance either. Edith Piaf dedicated this song the men in the French Foreign Legion when they were in Algeria and they adopted it. 


CLASS TUNE - An Anthem



Edith Piaf 


No, I don't regret anything


The French Vera Lynn


No, nothing at all
No I regret nothing ( I don't feel sorry)
Not the good things people have done for me
Nor the bad, it's all the same (equal) for me

No, nothing at all
No I regret nothing
It's paid for, wiped away, forgotten
I don't care about the past

With all my memories
I lit up the fire
My troubles, my pleasures
I don't need them anymore

Swept away my love stories
And their troubles
Swept away for good
I'll start again from zero

No, nothing at all
No I regret nothing
Not the good things people have done for me
Nor the bad, it's all the same for me

No, nothing at all
No, I regret nothing
Because my life, my joys
Today they begin with you




No comments:

Post a Comment