A guide to style and good tailoring

Hi welcome to my own unique perspective on what constitutes style and individualism. The vast majority of the photos are taken using a mobile phone camera and I have no make up on.......

I'm in my late 30's and I'm also a widow which probably explains why I look so god damn hot in black, well that and being an ivory skinned pale red head! It also documents my wardrobe, so many people seem fascinated by my clothes and compliment me for how I look wearing them.

It is one woman's campaign against Jeans, Tracksuits and Ugg Boots!

More importantly it's about altering your view on life and trying to do the right thing even though it isn't always the easiest.

This blog is a story in taking pride in yourself and not letting yourself go, or settling for second best because you know what girls? No one really is better than someone if they don't treat you like a Queen................

Wednesday 16 January 2013

Scotland and a Database, it must be an Act of Union

On this day in 1707 The Scottish Parliament ratified the Act of Union, paving the way for the creation of Great Britain.


My Nana Ferguson was Scottish and she had kilts made for us all when we were little girls with Aran sweaters. I remember hating the jumper (it had a tight neck) but I loved the kilt with the pin. Anyway that got me thinking that blue and white would be nice to wear, just as a reminder that we can so easily fragment, and it's when you work together you are great. Independence is a requirement, it's mandatory but you temper it; teamwork and being a pack (especially ones with hippos and monkeys) I think we are better as a United Kingdom of Great Britain........It's just we don't half seem determined to do everything that we can to get rid of the word great!


So blue and white for Scotland and the Act of Union by Stop Staring! I like the simplicity of this dress, the sweetheart neckline and the little button accents on the sleeve, neck and slit and subtle but draw your eye.

Now to appease my inner SQL junkie as UNION is a keyword ......My brain just thinks. The UNION operator selects only distinct values by default. To allow duplicate values, use UNION ALL. Remember UNION ALL is expensive as it generally requires a full table scan.


.....and breathe ..........look glamorous. Here's to Database engines....... VROOOM!!! VROOM!!!

And dare I say GREAT Britain



Dress: By Stop Staring!
Shoes: Schuh




History, Structured Query Language and Style Advice all in one place :)







No comments:

Post a Comment