A guide to style and good tailoring

Hi welcome to my own unique perspective on what constitutes style and individualism. The vast majority of the photos are taken using a mobile phone camera and I have no make up on.......

I'm in my late 30's and I'm also a widow which probably explains why I look so god damn hot in black, well that and being an ivory skinned pale red head! It also documents my wardrobe, so many people seem fascinated by my clothes and compliment me for how I look wearing them.

It is one woman's campaign against Jeans, Tracksuits and Ugg Boots!

More importantly it's about altering your view on life and trying to do the right thing even though it isn't always the easiest.

This blog is a story in taking pride in yourself and not letting yourself go, or settling for second best because you know what girls? No one really is better than someone if they don't treat you like a Queen................

Sunday 27 January 2013

TVs, Lamps it's all photoelectric mosaics

Today seems to be a mosaic day in 1880 Thomas Edison patented the electric incandescent lamp and then in 1926  John Baird, a Scottish inventor, demonstrated a pictorial transmission machine called television.

Early televisions (and until recently) relied on Cathode Ray Oscilloscopes to fire electron at the screen to produce the picture, which is why TVs and magnets were so much fun! The photoelectric mosaic is the picture you see on the TV screen so today's dress is in a print called mosaic and it is black and white just like the early TVs.

This is a pencil dress and matching bolero from Vivien of Holloway. I do like the cut of all of her dresses they really do enhance your curves, and the pencil skirt is a nice difference to the sarong wrap dress which I like so much. This dress looks lovely if you accessorise it with red (necklace, belt and shoes)

Dress: Halterneck Pencil Dress in Mosaic by Vivien of Holloway
Shoes: Kurt Geiger








No comments:

Post a Comment