A guide to style and good tailoring

Hi welcome to my own unique perspective on what constitutes style and individualism. The vast majority of the photos are taken using a mobile phone camera and I have no make up on.......

I'm in my late 30's and I'm also a widow which probably explains why I look so god damn hot in black, well that and being an ivory skinned pale red head! It also documents my wardrobe, so many people seem fascinated by my clothes and compliment me for how I look wearing them.

It is one woman's campaign against Jeans, Tracksuits and Ugg Boots!

More importantly it's about altering your view on life and trying to do the right thing even though it isn't always the easiest.

This blog is a story in taking pride in yourself and not letting yourself go, or settling for second best because you know what girls? No one really is better than someone if they don't treat you like a Queen................

Saturday 5 January 2013

PSY meets the beverley hillbilles: gingham style

This dress is affectionately known as my Ellie-Mae dress in honour of Ellie-Mae Clampett! The Beverley Hillbillies were so funny. Granny was class :) The dress is really called Belle and she lives up to her name. 

It is a fun floaty dress for a Saturday, and it is another "two fingers" to the doyennes of fashion who are ageist when it comes to a nice gingham. Apparently it is another one of those things I should have stopped at 30, just like shorts!!!!!!!!!!!!

This is a lovely picnic dress, and it is a classic. The red gingham the sweetheart neckline the tie halter, the full skirt. FAB! All I need now is a barn dance or a picnic and some good company.


Dress: Belle Halterneck in Red Gingham by Bernie Dexter
Shoes: Aldo






Pig tails just like Ellie-Mae! (Oooh isn't my hair long)




It has to be Copperhead Road by Steve Earle for this dress, because hey all copperheads have dangerous curves.


Copperhead Road

No comments:

Post a Comment