A guide to style and good tailoring

Hi welcome to my own unique perspective on what constitutes style and individualism. The vast majority of the photos are taken using a mobile phone camera and I have no make up on.......

I'm in my late 30's and I'm also a widow which probably explains why I look so god damn hot in black, well that and being an ivory skinned pale red head! It also documents my wardrobe, so many people seem fascinated by my clothes and compliment me for how I look wearing them.

It is one woman's campaign against Jeans, Tracksuits and Ugg Boots!

More importantly it's about altering your view on life and trying to do the right thing even though it isn't always the easiest.

This blog is a story in taking pride in yourself and not letting yourself go, or settling for second best because you know what girls? No one really is better than someone if they don't treat you like a Queen................

Monday 28 January 2013

Keeping it private the lego way....one brick at a time

Happy Birthday Lego! Keeping techies entertained since 1958! Lego we love you :) (It might have been invented in the 1930's but it wasn't patented until 1958).

Seriously you can't go wrong with a lego technics set. The word 'lego'  means to play as well, and we all remember our inner child at times. It keeps you young at heart. The four bright pink buttons on today's dress remind me of the "plugs" on the top of the lego bricks and hours building fantastic things as a child.

Not only is it the Birthday of Lego, it is also Data Protection Day! A topic close to my heart, I never cease to be amazed at the material people leave on their PCs (and Macs) which isn't even password protected let alone encrypted. Come on people raise the standards.

Pwned - Don't let it happen to you - oh and girls you know all these pictures that you send to guys and guys the same goes for you, the kind your mother wouldn't approve of. Well neither do IT. The paperwork it generates is phenomenal!! 

Choose strong passwords that contain capitals, numbers, and symbols. Don't tell people them. Build security from the ground up, just like lego, one brick at a time.

The light grey and pink make this a soft dress which goes with the woolen material. It is based on the "captain" dress, but it has longer sleeves. I have said it before and I will say it again. I love this basic design!

The ribbon outlining the geometric collar draws attention to your face and shoulders, the contrasting buttons are super cute and the belt nips you in nicely. The collar finished with a V gap at the back and their is a small slit in the skirt.

Dress: Ashley Pencil skirt by Bettie Page Clothing
Shoes:  Borrowed in honour of the shoe goddess Bernice from the extensive collection of Marvellous Marv

(Bernice - Priscilla - QOTD, packs 4 suitcases of shoes for a trip to the outback - Bernie rocks!! Though when it comes to moisturiser it's the gospel according to Mitsy)










( Techies in our own little way we've got your backs covered ;) )








Photos: Marvellous Marv the Hardware Hippo and Best Friend in the Universe








No comments:

Post a Comment