A guide to style and good tailoring

Hi welcome to my own unique perspective on what constitutes style and individualism. The vast majority of the photos are taken using a mobile phone camera and I have no make up on.......

I'm in my late 30's and I'm also a widow which probably explains why I look so god damn hot in black, well that and being an ivory skinned pale red head! It also documents my wardrobe, so many people seem fascinated by my clothes and compliment me for how I look wearing them.

It is one woman's campaign against Jeans, Tracksuits and Ugg Boots!

More importantly it's about altering your view on life and trying to do the right thing even though it isn't always the easiest.

This blog is a story in taking pride in yourself and not letting yourself go, or settling for second best because you know what girls? No one really is better than someone if they don't treat you like a Queen................

Tuesday 29 January 2013

You don't need to "puff" some things up, they speak for themselves

In 1856 Queen Victoria introduced the Victoria Cross Britain's highest military decoration, which relates back to the two posts from last week For the love of lost causes and Bonus Blog: If you are going to watch Zulu

The point of the Victoria cross is you don't need to "puff" them up, they speak for themselves. Just like the movie line delivered by Wellington re Napoleons horse -  'I don't need a white horse to puff me, by God!'

So we will leave being puffed up to sleeves because that's appropriate! This is a 1940s style jacket and skirt and it makes me feel like the stars from the silver screen. When it comes to real power dressing I think the puffed up long sleeve beats the shoulder pads by a long way. I like the upright neck and the plunge cut to the jacket. The buttons are gold with a black centre. The design is well over 70 years old yet it is still a show stopper! I've teamed it with a fuchsia pink bustier for contrast.

Suit: Puff Up Jacket and Skirt by Bettie Page Clothing
Shoes: Kurt Geiger
















Photos: Marvellous Marv the Hardware Hippo and Best Friend in the Universe

2 comments:

  1. Puff really looks good on you! The whole look is just radiating with style and you're really pretty in it. This is definitely one look we should try.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Claire, it is sweet of you to say so. Give it a go - you won't look back!

      Delete